• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Me, a Genius? eBook 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this book is super funny! The art feels a little basic, without much detail, but it's fine for what the story is. I was actually almost disappointed because I thought Alice was going to be the protagonist due to her prominence in the cover, but if anything now I see it as another kind of meta joke among the many we already got. The level of ridiculousness feels like if someone took the misunderstandings from Nozaki-kun, the exaggerated bombast from Jojo's, and slapped them into the most "normal" isekai premise I've ever seen. I will never get over the opening chapter where we get the MC's perspective in the middle of his reincarnation, i.e -- actually getting BIRTHED. That completely set the tone for the rest of the ride lol
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:08 am Reply with quote
Is there a name for the adult man goes back to school in the body of a child sub-genre? It would seem less weird if I could say it in Japanese.
Melicans

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I loved this book (and the series); bald man doesn't even go to waste as he becomes a focal point in the third volume. Sadly it seems like 3 volumes is where it will finish. The author apparently has barely touched it in the last few years.
MCAL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Is there a name for the adult man goes back to school in the body of a child sub-genre? It would seem less weird if I could say it in Japanese.
Detective Conan Syndrome?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1