• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica's Magia Record RPG App Gets 2019 TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
I knew we would get another madoka anime sooner or later. Did not think this was it tough. I was expecting like a 10th anniversary sequel or something. (Could still happen).
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
YEEEEEEAAH.

I hope it is licensed by AA soon.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, good and all, but I wish they would go with the main series, instead of doing another adaptation, ergo low effort ad-series.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:38 am Reply with quote
5 years is worth the wait. Hopefully this has a happier ending than Rebellion.
Wtv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
5 years is worth the wait. Hopefully this has a happier ending than Rebellion.

The game has a more positive tone in general.
The story is not over yet, though. Probably the last chapter of current arc (which probably will be the adaptation) is ending in October.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised only now a spin-off is getting an anime,despite having tons of material from multiple manga avaliable to choose from,like Oriko Magica,Kazumi Magica,The Different Story,etc...You would think they would milk more.
hopefully lost

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
I'm surprised only now a spin-off is getting an anime,despite having tons of material from multiple manga avaliable to choose from,like Oriko Magica,Kazumi Magica,The Different Story,etc...You would think they would milk more.

I think it's a remainder that the main story will get a sequel some time in the future, as well as a move financially worth any effort. I have big hopes for it, since it's SHAFT and they need commercial successes to maintain a safety net for their weirdest works
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
OMG YESSSSSSSSS!
milkyy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
OHHHH YYYYYEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I've been waiting for this moment from the first time I laid eyes on the teaser for the mobile game Surprised I knew my dreams would come true eventually!!!

I've been obsessively following this side series, for some reason, I just can't get enough of the characters! Plus, it doesn't help that they all have figures coming out soon (by SEGA, Good Smile Company, etc.), and my girl Sana Futaba (green shield girl) is gonna look SO cute as a Nendoroid! Very Happy

But in all seriousness, I'm so happy that one of my favorite IPs will continue with this news. I'm honestly happy for any new Madoka info, but this really made me day!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Also not the anime I wanted, but hopefully a sequel to Rebellion is made by 2021.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:44 am Reply with quote
Nice! I haven't seen Madoka in forever, so now I have an excuse to rewatch the series! I hope this is just as good as the original show!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:51 am Reply with quote
Too bad Jacob’s old videos are all gone; could really use an audio clip from the Madoka review, describing various tie-ins like all the manga: HELLO, CASHGRAB!

I’ve played a little bit of Magia Record via the Japan iOS App Store. It’s true to the feel of PMMM, but I don’t know that it has anything new or important to say. That’s not something we usually look for in our tie-in mobage.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
It's probably better to adapt the story than let it be stuck in a bad game, but...

I mean, I don't want to step on their efforts because it is a new anime, but we got that concept trailer for something new three years ago, so forgive me but I'm really more interested in what that was teasing. Not another work that eternally prolongs the part of the story we saw in the anime, which was supposed to be a system that was broken in the end.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I'll try to keep my hype down >.<
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool to hear about this! I just got to episode 6 in the game today... I'm guessing they'll be adapting both the main and the "another" story arcs. With the recent inclusions in the game I wonder if there'll be any spoiler[Holy vs Ultimate] battle?

Also wonder if a Magia Record x FGO crossover would ever be possible? The games are both by Aniplex and Urobuchi and Shaft have been involved in both series...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3