• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nano, Manami Numakura Perform Conception TV Anime's Theme Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
OMG! Nano is performing the OP! Haven't heard Nano in an anime since.... Also, Manami is doing the ED. Team Arpeggio. I miss that series.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
OMG! Nano is performing the OP! Haven't heard Nano in an anime since.... Also, Manami is doing the ED. Team Arpeggio. I miss that series.
she literally have an OP right now for the anime Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Why do they need this many girls again? Remove pisces and aquarius maidens at the very least, they won't amount to anything either ways, and that way the other characters might not be as shallow as they inevitably are going to be.
This is why these many girls series suck anymore, stupid advertisements, no soul to them.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Why do they need this many girls again? Remove pisces and aquarius maidens at the very least, they won't amount to anything either ways, and that way the other characters might not be as shallow as they inevitably are going to be.
This is why these many girls series suck anymore, stupid advertisements, no soul to them.

I'm not sure what this has to do with too many "girls" and rather too many characters. You can have more girls/characters then this even and do it properly. It's hard to flesh out a bunch of characters but it's possible. Also I'm not sure what you mean by "these" series with a bunch of girls? But do you just been video game adaptation anime that are usually ads for the games? Often mobile ones. Some video game anime can be good. I think you're generalizing too much.

It's not a problem "these days" but always a problem in entertainment when they try to cash in on the successful sales of a video games. Also there's always been stories with too many characters that aren't properly fleshed out, for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Am I defending this anime in particular? No. I'm only trying to say that people generalize way to much and write off everything with blanket statements, which is an unfortunate mentality that's very common.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
As long as the focus is on the girls that were important enough to give a (brief) bio, I don’t think the number of girls will limit their ability to flesh them out. Five is pretty standard. I think its biggest issues will probably lie with its premise. Not that you couldn’t make something good from that, but it seems like a steep hill to climb to do so.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote
They are not even trying to disguise this series harem intent. It could not be more blatant if a guy from Japan was reborn as a sultan with an actual harem and tasked with having an heir (why hasn't that premise been animated yet, come to think of it?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1