• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Omega Labyrinth Life RPG Announced for Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm still salty about the English release of Z and will stay that way. I like how this title is just terribly taboo but somehow Senran Kagura is okay despite all the age changes and other changes that occurred. I don't see how this title couldn't go through similar changes, and it's not like this game is going to be popping up in your local Wal-Mart or Best Buy (although Senran Kagura sold on Best Buy shelves); it would have likely seen most of it's sales online.

Not even getting into GTA V with how blatant nudity and sex on display were completely okay. I'm sure fueled by the fact that everyone knew GTA V would be a massive money maker and Rockstar could get away with more, yet a decade ago San Andreas has copies pulled from stores thanks to the code left in for the 'hot coffee' scenes.

Like I said; still going to be salty.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I_Drive_DSM wrote:

Just import it.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this one can get localized since it's not on a Sony console? ^^;
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I am surprised that this series has received another game. It would have been nice if the other two games got localized. I realized that "Life" is a possible shout-out to Senran Kagura's "Boobs are Life, Butts are Hometown". Maybe a collaboration in future is likely to happen.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
I_Drive_DSM wrote:

Just import it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only version of Z I can find, have only Japanese or Chinese. So why would you pay more for a game that you don't understand? I too am very salty about Sony shutting out PQube release of the game for no good reason. I hope this game at least comes over here but I have my doubts.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only version of Z I can find, have only Japanese or Chinese. So why would you pay more for a game that you don't understand? I too am very salty about Sony shutting out PQube release of the game for no good reason. I hope this game at least comes over here but I have my doubts.

People import stuff whether they understand the language or not. They either play those Japanese games while searching in the internet for translated guides or have learned basic Japanese beforehand. Learning it can take a few months, memorizing hiragana, katakana, and kanji. Also, Steam could be a good alternative. But even with Steam's most recent policy, the game may not come there.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

People import stuff whether they understand the language or not. They either play those Japanese games while searching in the internet for translated guides or have learned basic Japanese beforehand. Learning it can take a few months, memorizing hiragana, katakana, and kanji. Also, Steam could be a good alternative. But even with Steam's most recent policy, the game may not come there.

Yeah and I know from first hand experience that trying to play a game with only a mild understanding (I can read kana but I only know like 50 kanji by heart) of Japanese is a giant pain in the ass, when you are just doing it casually.

Personally it took me a year to just get a basic understanding of the language and I still got a long way to go before I feel confident with the language. So I feel like telling people "just import" the game are ignoring how much effort it takes to learn Japanese.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

I would definitely say learning basic Japanese is a good skill to have. As someone who loves to collect old retro Japanese games which never came out in America, it's a invaluable skill. It's also useful to avoid long localization delays, like Dragon Quest XI, and censored releases/games that will never come here.

-Stuart Smith
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1