• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Dub Cast Members for Radiant, Conception, Ace Attorney Season 2 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey, an actual guy to do Seth's voice in Radiant! I thought his japanese voice was very unfitting and put me off the show, but will definitely give it another go now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I found the first dubbed episode of Radiant not terribly impressive in the casting and voice direction departments its certainly not one of Caitlin's stronger debuts for a broadcast dub. Barry Yandell's Narration was by far the best aspect of the dub.The Island dub at the very least was fairly decent so I'm not sure what happened with the Radiant dub.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I think it's kind of common for a big shonen style show to need to have the cast grow into their characters over the first couple of eps.

That said, if so I can understand that it's a bit unusual since I agree that her dubs have been getting off to fast starts, like how I'm fresh off of the Garo Vanishing Line dub which was glorious.

thekingsdinner wrote:
Hey, an actual guy to do Seth's voice in Radiant! I thought his japanese voice was very unfitting and put me off the show, but will definitely give it another go now.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the Radiant dub.

And also more from the Ace Attorney cast. The animation could have been more dynamic but I quite enjoyed the fun cast last season.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:18 am Reply with quote
No matter what anyone else says, I will always stand by my belief that it was a huge mistake to have cast Yumiri Hanamori as Seth. Seriously, that female VA is so freaking high pitched that it just doesn't work as a male teenager. Chris Ramirez is far superior. Who knows? Radiant just might be Chris's big break.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1