• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Domestic Girlfriend TV Anime Reveals January 11 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 am Reply with quote
I’m still debating on whether or not I’ll watch this series. Yoko Hikasa as a member of the main cast is tempting, so maybe I’ll take a look at it for at least that.
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
Nice. I'm honestly surprised this gets an anime given how erotic it can be sometimes, but it is basically the best possible version of all those typical ecchi-tropes distilled into a fairly serious romance drama. Definitely looking forward to this.

Last edited by Johan Eriksson 9003 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Zof

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
I'll probably avoid this. I swear, I'm not a prude. I just, I prefer my fan service with farce comedy. Give me more Heaven's Lost Property. Please.

marichan99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I've read 200 chapters or so of the manga hoping that the story would go somewhere, but honestly it's so dragging and pointless and I hate the MC. And since a 200+ chapter manga couldn't take the story anywhere far, I don't think a 12 or 13 episode anime adaptation can either. Also yeah it's an adult story from chapter 1, so I'm surprised it's getting animated. Almost reminds me of Scum's Wish (which I enjoyed far much more though). If you want to watch this for the sex, I recommend it; if you're expecting a genuinely good story and characters, then I don't recommend it.
Zof

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
marichan99 wrote:
If you want to watch this for the sex, I recommend it.

I don't understand this logic. Honestly. I'm not being a jerk here. To me this is like:

"Yeah, if you want some well, it's not really good pizza, but yanno, even though there's TONS OF FREE AMAZING LIKE, RAY'S 27th PRINCE STREET IN SOHO PIZZA LITERALLY EVERYWHERE, yanno, if you ever get hungry for shitty pizza, I know a place."
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Kinda of surprised too, that it is being animated. If they are going to do it, they can't tone it down.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote
As long as this isn't part of the 5 minute anime trend lately, I'll give it a watch.
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:46 am Reply with quote
#879773 wrote:
As long as this isn't part of the 5 minute anime trend lately, I'll give it a watch.

I'll counterpoint the five minute thing:

Sometimes those "this is what we can afford to do" small ones are the foot in the door that makes Konosuba possible.

Or Good Luck Girl (I missed Good Luck Girl so much I read the entire manga. I highly recommend doing this if you don't mind crying your eyes out)
Or Miss Monochrome
Or I believe Nyarko-san (I think it started as a small one)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1