• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Circus Reveals Cast, Video, Spring Release for Da Capo 4 Visual Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 am Reply with quote
The VAs are listed by their mainstream names. Does this mean this VN is gonna be rated all-ages?
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
The VAs are listed by their mainstream names. Does this mean this VN is gonna be rated all-ages?

Yes, compared to the first 3 D.C and D.S, D.C.4 will start with an all-ages edition, they might and will most likely release the 18+ later.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
For me, Da Capo 3 felt like a big disappoinment after the previous installments. Hopefully I'll enjoy this more, I expect MangaGamer to release this one too. The Archives collection would be nice to have, but I expect hopes of a Western release of it be slim...
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
So, Inori Minase once again received the All-Star CAST role in the cult franchise. I don't even have words to express how glad I am.

L'Imperatore wrote:

Maybe. However, no one bothers them to leave these scenes unvoiced. Earlier Key often did this when it came to hentai in Clannas and AIR.
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Maybe. However, no one bothers them to leave these scenes unvoiced. Earlier Key often did this when it came to hentai in Clannas and AIR.

Clannad never had any adult version, do you mean Tomoyo After? Also AIR originally had adult content and was later released without. Or do you mean later voiced?
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:31 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:

Clannad never had any adult version, do you mean Tomoyo After? Also AIR originally had adult content and was later released without. Or do you mean later voiced?

I'm not sure about Clannad, but I remember that in older versions of AIR there was an unvoiced hentai. Of course, Key always pretended that it was something “alien” and strange, but nevertheless it was. At least on Misuzu's route.
VDZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Yes, compared to the first 3 D.C and D.S, D.C.4 will start with an all-ages edition, they might and will most likely release the 18+ later.

Actually, Da Capo III also started with an all-ages version and only released the 18+ version later.

Blanchimont wrote:
For me, Da Capo 3 felt like a big disappoinment after the previous installments.

Really? While I haven't played Da Capo II (and heard it's quite good), the parts of Da Capo 1 I played never struck me as particularly amazing; it certainly was good for its time, but I felt Da Capo III was a massive improvement over it in pretty much every way.

#HayamiLover wrote:
grooven wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:

I'm not sure about Clannad, but I remember that in older versions of AIR there was an unvoiced hentai. Of course, Key always pretended that it was something “alien” and strange, but nevertheless it was. At least on Misuzu's route.

It's slightly different, actually. Key's early works Kanon, Air and Clannad were actually initially released without voices. Key started out as a small company and the eroge industry isn't exactly the most stable industry to be in, so they had limited budget to work with and at that time it was fairly normal for many VNs not to have voices (for example, Fate/stay night, released in the same year as Clannad, also didn't have voices). (Nowadays players' expectations have changed and having voices is considered essential now, with unvoiced VNs being criticized for not having voices.) As far as I'm aware, there have never been official 18+ releases of Kanon or Air with voices included - only some of the later all-ages rereleases were voiced. Most likely you were using some patched version that ported voices from an all-ages version to the 18+ version.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
VDZ wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Actually, Da Capo III also started with an all-ages version and only released the 18+ version later.

You're right, i forgot that R~ X-rated was released 1 year later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1