• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mob Psycho 100 II

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Most importantly, scumbag con artist and internet sex symbol Reigen is back in business.

That made laugh.
Haru Hana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm so grateful to have this series back in my life. I already read the manga but the way Bones handled the anime make me feel like I watch the series for the first time. Once the anime ends I really don't know will there be any anime/manga that can capture my heart like this.

Quote:
Most importantly, scumbag con artist and internet sex symbol Reigen is back in business.

I can see Bones's strategy is paying off lol. I too, love the pathetic sweaty con artist who used one of his special move to make a team of talented animators draw him more sexy than usual.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm Reply with quote
So far the second season of MOB is shaping up to be just as good or even better than the first and I couldn’t be happier with what has transpired so far.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to next week's episode!
spoiler[Mogami Keiji arc is going to be great.]
Mhora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:11 am Reply with quote
Daaamn! The animation is so crisp and bold! Most other shows should just cancel themselves for looking dull xD
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
The moment of truth where Dimple is provoking the father into becoming evil and Mob hearing it all but immobile in his indecision about what to do had me on the edge of my seat. For such a simple scene, that was impressive.

I get a kick out of their random Mob product placement. And I'm liking the slightly kinder, gentler Reigen. Internet sex symbol indeed.

In some ways Mob is like a five year old. Silently observing everything, absorbing it all like a sponge, and trying to figure out what it all means. I love watching his gears turn.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quote
This was my most-anticipated show of the season and so far it managed to live up to my expactations.

Definitely an early contender for AOTY and Reigen doesn't have any kind of serious competetion anyhow. Very Happy
Ruddor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
Ah, it's great to have this show back. Reigen is still a lovable blowhard, Mob is still precious, and, most importantly, the Body Improvement Club is still perfect.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 pm Reply with quote
alconnow_ wrote:
Looking forward to next week's episode!
spoiler[Mogami Keiji arc is going to be great.]

As great as it's shaping up to be, the prospect of what comes after fills me with dread.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Mob's great advantage over Mogami could be that he has positive role models like Reigen

That a con-man like Reigen actually is a positive role model is a testament to the genius of characterization in this franchise. I'm not sure how much Reigen has conned himself into believing some of his own bullshit, but he's a beaut.

While killing off the father was shocking, they kind of had to. Otherwise, once the daughter is exorcised, however that's accomplished, they'd get a multimillion yen payday, and we can't have that.

One thing that puzzled me was that Reigen's Anti-Possession Jumping Knee Strike (Laughing) actually worked. They've made a major plot point out of the fact that it's easier to possess unconscious people, even in this very episode, so how?
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:39 am Reply with quote
This episode was a feast for the eyes again. It's fun to see how Mob, Reigen and Dimple have become such a good team, but now Mob is facing a truly frightening enemy. Ganbatte, Mob-kun!
alconnow_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 am Reply with quote
I got the chills when spoiler[Mogami used Minori's hand to impale her father. Talk about brutal.]
ZanathKariashi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:43 am Reply with quote
Let's just say this episode was condensed a little.

Nothing plot major lost but...I'd definitely give chapters 58 through 67 a read once this arc is finished if you found any parts confusing or wanted to know more.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am Reply with quote
ZanathKariashi wrote:
Let's just say this episode was condensed a little.

Nothing plot major lost but...I'd definitely give chapters 58 through 67 a read once this arc is finished if you found any parts confusing or wanted to know more.

Yeah, I noticed that they didn't include spoiler[how Mogami died.]
It might be in next week's episode. I'll just wait and see.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
It is amazing how effectively they manage to quickly upend pretty much most norms of the show with a job gone wrong.

I wonder if Bones will go so far as to mess with the OP and ED next episode to reflect what's happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7