• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 1 Slip Cover Issue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 am Reply with quote
Slip covers may not be a big deal for some people, but I like them. They hide the blue case of a BD release. They'll sometimes have different artwork than what's on the case's cover.

When the Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 1 product was revealed, the image implied that it came with a slip cover. This happened before with Aokana, which had its product image updated to show that it would not have a slip cover. Looking at Amazon, Amazon Canada, Right Stuf, and FUNimation's stores, the Cardcaptor Sakura product image shows that it does not have slip cover. When I received my order from Right Stuf, it didn't have a slip cover. At that time, I wasn't aware of any update to the product image. I posted my frustration on Twitter and FUNimation unexpectedly responded in a private message.

This is where things get weird and discouraging.

FUNimation's private message came with a message from their brand team. They informed me that the first product image was incorrect. Here's a portion of their message to me.

Quote:
We would like to confirm with you that the incorrect product image for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part One was erroneously uploaded and the image was a misrepresentation of the actual product. This product was not released with an O-card (or O-sleeve), and it was never printed. The O-card does not exist at all physically with any retailer, including the Funimation Shop.

Someone else on Fandom Post received the exact same message from FUNimation.

Sometime after their message, someone from Canada showed me that they received the product with a slip cover from Amazon Canada. WTK showed me on Fandom Post that they got theirs from Right Stuf. A different person didn't get a slip cover from Right Stuf, and then got one when they ordered again from FUNimation's store. And then someone else finds it FYE with a slip cover as well.

So either this "brand team" lied to me or was very misinformed. I'm presently waiting for a response that may never come. If it does come, it might not be what I want to read. I don't know if I want to spend another $50+ just to find one with a slip cover...

Like I said, slip covers may not matter to some people and I was almost content with it not having one if it supposedly didn't exist, but now that I know it exists, I find this situation frustrating. Even if it's a limited print run, bad information is going around. I think someone who asked Right Stuf about it was told that it was a FUNimation Store exclusive.

So did anyone who purchased this item get a slip cover?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1