• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ni no Kuni II Game Previews 'The Tale of a Timeless Tome' DLC in Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:52 am Reply with quote
Did this sell that well? I played it, beat it, platinumed it, and forgot about it in less than a month. Why dlc now after so long?
I guess maybe it will connect to the movie since every entry in this series seems to be going more and more in the final fantasy direction (nothing is actually connected in terms of story or world)
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
Did this sell that well? I played it, beat it, platinumed it, and forgot about it in less than a month. Why dlc now after so long?
I guess maybe it will connect to the movie since every entry in this series seems to be going more and more in the final fantasy direction (nothing is actually connected in terms of story or world)

Actually when the game was released they said from the start it would get future DLCs. This is its third one in total and the second paid DLC.

This one seems to be more story focused from what I heard compared to the other two which were RNG dungeons. Sure the last one Lord of the Lost Lair did have some story involving Tani, Batu. and Braken backstory, but for the most part its just 100 floors of RNG goodness. I feel like there was a weird gap in difficulty from normal to hard when it came to Prince of Darkness. In Normal he was a walk in the park and in Hard he kills in one hit that is something I would expect in Expert mode and not Hard. xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1