• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy gone Anime's Promo Video Reveals More Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:12 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, this is the kind of stuff that made me an anime fan in the first place. This looks spectacular. I really hope this baby gets the 2 cour treatment (and a simuldub). April can't come soon enough
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Looks really cool also I’m betting Netflix is get this one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
I wish the stands weren't in cg but it's mostly 2d and looks pretty good also, it's good to see something that isnt an isekai, slice of life, or another generically mecha anime.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
The concept sounds a lot like the also-upcoming To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 pm Reply with quote
So, from the PV we have a lot of pretty looking still images (or barely-animated images), and a lot of CGI, some of which blends well and some of which really doesn't. While I like the overall aesthetic and the premise is cool, I can't say the PV has inspired much confidence in the final product.
Vizo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Besides One Punch Man and Attack on Titan, this anime really caught my attention for the spring season. The premise sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing how action scenes play out. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
So, from the PV we have a lot of pretty looking still images (or barely-animated images), and a lot of CGI, some of which blends well and some of which really doesn't. While I like the overall aesthetic and the premise is cool, I can't say the PV has inspired much confidence in the final product.
I have to agree. I was concerned that the fairies would be CG and it doesn’t look very good from the trailer. If Sirius the Jaegar and Kuromurko are any indication of how their action shows turn out, we can expect a pretty yet utterly generic action show. I’m keeping my expectations low for this one.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
The PV looks pretty much what you would expect from this type of show. I think it will be entertaining and the animation looks fine to me but I'm not expecting any huge twists or surprises from this.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote
This seems interesting.

#854626 wrote:
it's good to see something that isnt an isekai, slice of life, or another generically mecha anime.

I know, right?
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:47 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
This seems interesting.

#854626 wrote:
it's good to see something that isnt an isekai, slice of life, or another generically mecha anime.

I know, right?

This season has, The Magnificent Kotobuki, Boogiepop, Dororo, Mob Psycho S2, Kakegurui S2, The Promised Never Land, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, JoJo's newest season continued, Karakuri Circus continued, and a couple of others that aren't Isekai, Mecha, or Slice Of Life.

Next season has JoJo and Karakuri Circus continuing as well, Dororo's second half, the new seasons of Bungo Stray Dogs, One Punch Man, Attack On Titan, Ace Of Diamond. Plus new series such as Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Gunjou no Magmel, Shoumetsu Toshi, Bakumatsu: Crisis. Plus a few others, I don't know if you'd count Romance, Music, and the likes as Slice Of Life. Not sure if you'd count Zoku Owarimonogatari as a slice of life, and I don't exactly what genre some upcoming series are, like Kabuki-chou Sherlock, Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin, RobiHachi, Sarazanmai.

Anyhow, my point is that I wish people could do a little bit of research before saying something. It's not like Fairy Gone is a revolutionary show in a world where only Mech, Slice Of Life, and Isekai anime exist. There's a lot of anime out there, you just need to look for it. Dororo for example is an action series that's probably much better than Fairy Gone is going to be, the series will finish out with 24 episodes in total. It started in January and will finish at the end of the upcoming spring season.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:51 am Reply with quote
So, from the synopsis it sounds like a slightly supernatural version of Violet Evergarden. That alone isn't enough to get me on board, but the staff seems alright. I'd happily trade out Kyoani's beautiful animation for some actual engaging characters. I'll give it a shot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1