• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Real-life K-ON Musical Instrument Store Relocates in Fukushima

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm at the end of my 10-year anniversary re-watch and that music store is very iconic for the series since that's where Guita was obtained. Sad to hear it will never be the same.

Edit: Oops, apparently I misread. This is NOT the one that Guita was obtained at but rather is the one they visit during their school trip in season 2. My mistake. Please merge my two posts if needed. Either way, still sad to see it change but I hope the new location will improve business for them
AholePony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Edit: Oops, apparently I misread. This is NOT the one that Guita was obtained at but rather is the one they visit during their school trip in season 2. My mistake. Please merge my two posts if needed. Either way, still sad to see it change but I hope the new location will improve business for them

Yeah I kind of wish they'd not call this "the" music store from k-on when it was featured once whereas the Jeugia in Kyoto featured in 4-5 episodes. That is where Gita was purchased, and in several other episodes took place there like when they sold Sawako's guitar.

I just visited it 2 weeks ago, it's still a lovely music store!

Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 pm Reply with quote
So, if I'm reading this correctly, their regular music store that's supposed to be in the never specified city (somewhere east of Mount Fuji) where K-On! takes place is, in the real world, located in Kyoto but, when they visit a music store that's in-universe supposed to be in Kyoto, it's based on one in Fukushima, over 500km to the northeast of Kyoto?

The mind boggles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nargun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
the never specified city (somewhere east of Mount Fuji)

Really? I always thought it was spelled 京おん
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1