• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Navel Makes Shuffle! episode 2 Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crh1985

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 am Reply with quote
I’m glad to hear this, I got the pc game back when it came out with MG

And is the 2nd anime really a 2nd anime. It was just a reordering of the episodes and a new one at the end
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am Reply with quote
I thought Hiro Suzuhira quit Navel over a decade ago? I've noticed some recent Shuffle artwork and materials just feature artwork from Nishimata. Has she come back to the company for this release?

I will say one of the things I did really enjoy about the animated version of Shuffle is that it was a harem that 'ended'. I get a bit frustrated when a production based off a visual novel doesn't truly 'end' or is similarly left ambiguous. The only thing I kind of wish they would have done a little differently was possibly follow something like Clannad did with it's OVAs, in portraying little side stories had Rin selected a particular girl to be with.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I_Drive_DSM wrote:
I thought Hiro Suzuhira quit Navel over a decade ago? I've noticed some recent Shuffle artwork and materials just feature artwork from Nishimata. Has she come back to the company for this release?

Suzuhira has been contributing character art/CGs on a number of other Navel releases since then. It may be that they’re no longer an employee but just contributing work freelance (as is often the case in this industry anyway).
marconii2002

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:51 am Reply with quote
Second anime "Shuffle! Memories " it 1-11 episodes it recaps with new footage, 12 episode it new content.

Now we have chance for third anime series.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:03 am Reply with quote
So wait episode 2?
Where is this going to take place plot wise? The synopsis is the same as the first game, unless this is a reboot.

I enjoyed Shuffle, was the 3rd VN I played outside of FSN and Tsukihime. I remember having to buy headphones for this game for.. Reasons! lol

Its 2 spins offs never really grabbed my attention like the first game did.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:48 am Reply with quote
I_Drive_DSM wrote:

I will say one of the things I did really enjoy about the animated version of Shuffle is that it was a harem that 'ended'. I get a bit frustrated when a production based off a visual novel doesn't truly 'end' or is similarly left ambiguous. The only thing I kind of wish they would have done a little differently was possibly follow something like Clannad did with it's OVAs, in portraying little side stories had Rin selected a particular girl to be with.

actually they did a sequel OVA called Shuffle Memories which wasn't released in the US!

that OVA more or less gave Rin an ACTUAL harem ending which was based off of one of the alt harem endings from the VN instead of the half assed endings (LOOKING AT YOU TENCHI MUYO) featured in other harem series!!!

though he acts the typical way in both versions until a certain point , at least he is NOT LIKE makoto ito from school days!!!

though the real 64 dollar question is why do a sequel now??? considering on how the VN's true ending ended, their more or less wasn't a need to do a sequel unlike other harem VN's like the aforementioned school days and kanojo x kanojo x kanojo! not to mention that the current VN fanbase aren't into harems anymore unless they have questionable content (LOOKING AT YOU ONI CHI CHI & KUROINU!!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:46 am Reply with quote
Well, I don't mind a sequel, but I'm a bit beefed we never got the bonus disc over here for the first which contained the three additional routes(Mayumi, Tsubomi, Yae)...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1