• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Shodown Game's Trailers Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I would like for this Samurai Shodown thing to be dubbed in English.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Genjuro's trailer doesn't hold any surprises. His moveset is based on his SS5 incarnation, just like most of the returning characters not named Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Yoshitora or Ukyo.

The English-language trailer oversells the dojo feature in my opinion. In theory, it's great to have a "shadow" version of player characters to practice with. However, if it's nothing more than using AI to read the movesets of characters in play, then it's no different from programming a battle AI to follow a set of instructions. Unless the model is significantly more advanced than just a long flowchart of If/And instructions and movesets, it's still inferior to playing someone in a head-to-head.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Unless the model is significantly more advanced than just a long flowchart of If/And instructions and movesets, it's still inferior to playing someone in a head-to-head.

It's not meant to be superior to playing another human though. It's just meant to give casual players (most of whom would never just jump into a PvP match) a taste of what a competitve match would feel like.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan on June 27, and in the West in June.

Is there a reason you didn't post the US release date shown on the first trailer embedded in the article? It even mentions about there being a season pass that's free until June 30th (which is a big plus compared to their handling of DLC characters for King of Fighters 14 & SNK Heroines).

Regardless, I'll be looking forward to it and hopefully with the upcoming Digital Eclipse collection being physical and not in super-limited quantities like SNK 40th was.

Southkaio wrote:
I would like for this Samurai Shodown thing to be dubbed in English.

It's SNK so it won't be getting dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1