• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Assassin's Pride Anime Reveals EMT Squared as Animation Studio, 2019 TV Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm Reply with quote
not big on the key visual but so long as they do my girl Nerva right I don't mind
Morry

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I didn't realize this we getting an anime. Loved the manga. I hope this can surpass it.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I will say this though:

This is the first Light Novel I read that actually felt like a blend of classic shoujo manga and Harry Potter, despite it will appeal to plenty of male readers too.

As absurd as that sounds, I encourage people to give the show a try (if light novel isn't your thing, the manga adaptation will give you a taste of what's to come)
harminia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
I will say this though:

This is the first Light Novel I read that actually felt like a blend of classic shoujo manga and Harry Potter, despite it will appeal to plenty of male readers too.

As absurd as that sounds, I encourage people to give the show a try (if light novel isn't your thing, the manga adaptation will give you a taste of what's to come)

Agreed. I went into it not expecting much because the cover looks like a generic magic school harem story or whatever, but it's actually quite fun, the characters are interesting and there's no harem (as far as I've read). I'm sure it will end with a romance between the two main characters, but I'm enjoying how Kufa alternates between tough guy to romantic interest to doting father/teacher. I was really pleasantly surprised by how good it is.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The site reveals that EMT Squared (The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welp, better luck next time.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:13 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Quote:
The site reveals that EMT Squared (The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welp, better luck next time.

That really dampened my mood as well. MORBOE was such a visual disaster I'm surprised they would let that studio do any more projects.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 am Reply with quote
The protagonist is too similar to Kirito, but this has nothing to do with an isekai or a game, is that I can never get rid of that guy? Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1