• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dimension W Manga Ends in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's too bad the anime version didn't turn out better because it had so much potential. I might check out the manga sometime. I'll still always think Kyoma is hot and I'll still always love that opening theme.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am Reply with quote
Although both the manga and anime had their share of trouble it didn't stop me from enjoying this serie, 2 volumes to go, i will certainly miss the manga. I hope that Yuji Iwahara's next work will be another seinen sci-fi, or a spin-off of Darker than Black ( it might be impossible though )

Quote:
I'll still always think Kyoma is hot and I'll still always love that opening theme.

I feel you, i used it as ringtone at some point Smile.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
I always thought that the anime was unjustly maligned. Yes it was not the great anime that some hoped for, but it was still decent.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I think the biggest problem I had with Dimension W was it really started to slip in animation quality towards the end and I don't know if they were rushing through the manga, but it started getting hard to keep up with all these characters and the plot became confusing. I feel like Dimension W would have been better if they made it a two cour show and slowed down the pacing some. But it had a really fascinating world and I liked the relationship dynamic between Kyoma and Mira and I wish we had gotten more of it in the anime, especially with how Funimation seemed to be pushing it as the next big Toonami hit.
Morry

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest, I didn't care for the last arc the anime got to, and it killed my interest in the series. A shame for Funimation, but I'm glad the manga at least seems to be ending on a high note.
wewhomustnotbenamed

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:47 am Reply with quote
the anime adapted blow past 10 volume. it seriously astonishing how many manga material lost in adaptation. such a shame since it has very nice production.
simona.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1