• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arifureta - From Commonplace to World's Strongest Anime Reveals TV Ad, Visual, July 8 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm Reply with quote
But how many episodes, tho? How many vols. are they gonna cover? Confused
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:21 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:

We never get that info until right before episode 1 airs or within the week after.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm Reply with quote
You know as much as I abhor so many things about the story's direction and the poor portrayal and characterization of the characters... visually it looks amazing. And the snippet from the OP isn't great but it's not terrible either. I might just watch it just for the visual spectacle.
pwnagemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't know that I've ever gone into a show planning to drop it, but I think I'm going to do exactly that. I've read a sizeable chunk of the source material. I hate where it goes later, but I enjoyed some of the early stuff, so I'll stick around for an episode or 2.
hack5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 pm Reply with quote
pwnagemaster wrote:
I don't know that I've ever gone into a show planning to drop it, but I think I'm going to do exactly that. I've read a sizeable chunk of the source material. I hate where it goes later, but I enjoyed some of the early stuff, so I'll stick around for an episode or 2.

I agree I love Isekai and I was reading this story it was going fairly good at the beginning but after he meets the bunny chick that's when what I call the otaku factor gets annoying besides that the translation is so bad after a certain point it makes it unreadable.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:20 pm Reply with quote
hack5 wrote:
I agree I love Isekai and I was reading this story it was going fairly good at the beginning but after he meets the bunny chick that's when what I call the otaku factor gets annoying besides that the translation is so bad after a certain point it makes it unreadable.

Were you reading the WN translation or something? The official translation of the LN is really good imo.
I do hope Crunchyroll can get this worldwide minus Asia. Throw in the small possibility for a Funi simuldub and I'll be down.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely look forward to checking it out next month. As a whole enjoyed what I read of the source story. Hopefully it turns out to be a solid adaptation.
RegisterJustForComment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
hack5 wrote:

Were you reading the WN translation or something? The official translation of the LN is really good imo.
I do hope Crunchyroll can get this worldwide minus Asia. Throw in the small possibility for a Funi simuldub and I'll be down.

Yeah. Or more like a WN version(raw or tl) can't be a standard to judge an anime adaptation and it's source story. Most of it written by noob writer.
borisdrakoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:56 am Reply with quote
I'm optimistic for the project. The music is great, the art is leagues better than what was originally going to be used, and the voice cast is excellent. As long as the script is halfway decent it should turn out to be a fun watch.
marconii2002

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:

On 99% it will be typical 12-13 episodes anime promotion of source material with 00.00% chances on second swason.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
I think the Arifureta light novels are good and will make for a fun anime but it will most likely be a single cour show. After the production issues they had early last year it looks like deciding to delay it was the right call since the trailer looks good.
Vadara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
There is no way they can do the first volume justice without a OPM S1-tier staff and dedication.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 am Reply with quote
marconii2002 wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

On 99% it will be typical 12-13 episodes anime promotion of source material with 00.00% chances on second swason.

If it goes that route, admittedly I'll be a bit salty, but meh...spoiler[ If they can at least make Hajime's party meeting up with Hero party, I'll be content with that ] I agree with you on no continuation once it's finished, as is tradition for this genre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1