• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: GeGeGe no Kitarō Episodes 52-61 streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiskaloo
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
So glad to see this synopsis / review. Really missed the insights into the yokai and culture your weekly episode reviews offered as they enhanced my experience and understanding of the episodes.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:26 am Reply with quote
I really miss Rebecca's streaming reviews for this anime, so i'm very happy to see this one. I hope this is going to be a regular thing?

As for the show itself, as long as there's still an episode which takes me by surprise every couple of weeks, i'll take the weaker ones inbetween.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:52 am Reply with quote
Glad to see that we'll be getting more of Rebecca's insights into this series.

Until the last episode, I've been a little puzzled by the way the bargain Kitaro made with Enma has been seemingly forgotten. When it was introduced, it seemed like a dramatic development that would dominate the episodes that came after, but we hadn't even been getting the occasional glimpse of Rei to remind us that there is a deeper plot unfolding.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I presume the story about Enma and Rei will persist over the remaining forty episodes or so, like the Nanashi story did in season one.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I really miss Rebecca's streaming reviews for this anime, so i'm very happy to see this one. I hope this is going to be a regular thing?

I have the same view.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone! Yes, I do plan to continue doing this unless by some magical chance things change and I get to do weeklies again. Smile

I think yuna49 is right - this arc is running much more like the Nanashi one, as evidenced by the fact that this week is back to it to remind us the whole thing is hanging over Kitaro's head. It works for me, actually; we get to explore more yokai this way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1