• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Summer 2019

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gacha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
With not a single person mentioning Cop Craft, everyone can rest assured that ANN's team is still the same as ever.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Danmachi is my most anticipated and I hope they adapt up to volume 11 since I only read up to 8. Either way I'm hyped.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
1. Danmachi II
2. Vinland Saga
3. Dr. Stone
4. A Certain Scientific Accelerator
5. To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:32 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Danmachi is my most anticipated and I hope they adapt up to volume 11 since I only read up to 8. Either way I'm hyped.

Danmachi is my most anticipated as well but reaching Vol 11 wouldn't be wise. Sure, the first season covered 5 vols but they skipped a lot of stuff. Vol 4 was really short and they still skipped some stuff. This season looks like its adapting just 2 volumes and i prefer it that way.[/i]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
gacha wrote:
With not a single person mentioning Cop Craft, everyone can rest assured that ANN's team is still the same as ever.

Instead of taking a swipe at the staff for having different tastes from yours, why not tell us why you think Cop Craft is worth mentioning and why you're looking forward to it? I don't know anything about it really, so here's your chance to sell people on it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Vinland Saga and Business Fish (not a joke, I'm genuinely looking forward to it. I'm hoping it will be like Honda-san).

I'm currently reading the Fire Force manga and the story isn't that good (bear in mind that I'm only on the third volume, so it could get better). I will still watch the anime.

Last edited by #894822 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marzan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Vinland Saga. Nothing else comes close to how much I look forward to that.

Danmachi was surprisingly entertaining so I'll check out S2 (more Aiz please) and I must admit that the premise of "Mother and her....attacks" seems very intriguing and worth a couple of laughs.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 pm Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

Danmachi is my most anticipated as well but reaching Vol 11 wouldn't be wise. Sure, the first season covered 5 vols but they skipped a lot of stuff. Vol 4 was really short and they still skipped some stuff. This season looks like its adapting just 2 volumes and i prefer it that way.[/i]

You're right, my excitement clouded my judgment but I think they can squeeze 8 in there.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote
This may be the first time ever that not one but two manga I've read and really like are getting adapted in one season, namely O Maidens in Your Savage Season and Vinland Saga. I'm not totally up to date with the latter, but unless they introduce major changes to the storyline the anime shouldn't get anywhere near where I'm at this time round (though I'm not ruling out those changes completely, as one of the trailers discussed the concept of spoiler[Vinland] in some detail, even though that doesn't become relevant until way into the manga, oddly enough).

Other than those two I'm here for two sequels, DanMachi and Takagi-san, and... that's pretty much it, really. I'm sort of curious about Magical Sempai and that dumbbell show, but otherwise nothing really caught my eye out of the stuff I wasn't already familiar with.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We've got an originality problem in the isekai genre, one that this premise is ready to smash to smithereens. There are only so many times you can watch a bland Gary Stu become the world's greatest hero. In Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Masato never gets the chance to be the star of his own story because his own mother is there outshining him at every opportunity!

Oh, come on! Why every time when we get a show where a male character looks weak against a female one, I have to read the mockery of the male lead? At the end of 2018, it was with Gridman, and now with this anime.
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Are we not getting a best and worst of Spring article?

Come to think of it, there haven't been any weekly rankings for Spring either. Did ANN decide to cancel that feature?
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I really like Soul Eater and the trailers have done enough the peak my interest so my most anticipated show is Fire Force, followed by Vinland Saga and after that just a few shows that I'm just on board to middling on.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Fire Force and Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files are my top 2 shows for this summer. An honorable mention goes to Nekopara which managed to get an anime adaptation.

gacha wrote:

The Cop Craft trailer looked good and the story description sounds interesting but the light novels haven't been released in English so not many people would have it on their top 5 lists.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Dark Mac wrote:
Are we not getting a best and worst of Spring article?

It's coming. Getting out Most Anticipated before starting the Preview Guide makes a lot of sense, which is why I assume Zac and Jacob prioritized it. Besides, at least one Spring season series didn't wrap until yesterday.

Last edited by Key on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kidkidd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure when this was written vs when it was posted. But Symphogear XV was confirmed (along with AXZ) to be hitting crunchyroll a few days ago. May be worth editing the part questioning if it will be picked up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4