• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Lupin the IIIrd: Mine Fujiko no Uso

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Off topic, I wonder will there be Lupin the IIIrd Part 6 anime in the few years even without Monkey Punch?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I love Koike’s Lupin movies. I hope he makes several more. I believe Pops is due a movie next. Maybe bringing back Oscar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Off topic, I wonder will there be Lupin the IIIrd Part 6 anime in the few years even without Monkey Punch?

He was a consultant to the anime series but had very little to do with the production.
I think I read he worked on maybe one Lupin III project and tried to direct and that was enough for him!
Lupin the anime has survived major cast changes and has been handled by different producers and production teams over the years. Heck, it's more popular than it ever was when Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata worked on the series in the 1970s!
It'll survive Monkey Punch's death. I'm sure there were plans made to go on beyond him.
Lupin III is as much a TMS property as it is Monkey Punch's creation.
Heck, it's a safe bet the anime series is more popular than the manga series ever was.
They made 13 episodes out of Cinderella Boy, another Monkey Punch creation, and that only had a ONE-SHOT manga made for it back in 1980!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Lupin III anime and manga are... pretty dissimilar.
Ewing46

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Could the author of this review or an ANN editor provide insight to the description in the tagline for this article, "This final installment in the trilogy of new Lupin films from Takeshi Koike..." which implies that this is the last movie that Koike will be producing for this version of Lupin? I had not read anything about this being only a trilogy of movies, and myself and many other fans are hoping to see a movie with Zenigata as the main character, or perhaps a movie with Lupin as the central figure.

In any case, I'm really hoping that Discotek is able to license both this and the Goemon movie for blu-ray release. I read that Anime Expo is going to be showing dubbed versions of both movies, so hopefully that is a sign that a home video release is on the horizon.
relena4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't the woman called Fujiko Mine directed by a woman, Sayo Yamamoto? Why give credit to Koike fot a 13 ep long series
Frog-kun
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Ewing46 wrote:
Could the author of this review or an ANN editor provide insight to the description in the tagline for this article, "This final installment in the trilogy of new Lupin films from Takeshi Koike..." which implies that this is the last movie that Koike will be producing for this version of Lupin? I had not read anything about this being only a trilogy of movies, and myself and many other fans are hoping to see a movie with Zenigata as the main character, or perhaps a movie with Lupin as the central figure.

Looks like the tagline has been changed now.

relena4 wrote:
Wasn't the woman called Fujiko Mine directed by a woman, Sayo Yamamoto? Why give credit to Koike fot a 13 ep long series

Sayo Yamamoto was the director. Koike was the character designer and animation director. So they both directed, but in different capacities.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:07 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
They made 13 episodes out of Cinderella Boy, another Monkey Punch creation, and that only had a ONE-SHOT manga made for it back in 1980!

Had fun with that show. Would have watched more.

Ewing46 wrote:
In any case, I'm really hoping that Discotek is able to license both this and the Goemon movie for blu-ray release. I read that Anime Expo is going to be showing dubbed versions of both movies, so hopefully that is a sign that a home video release is on the horizon.

That would be great, I'd love to get dubbed versions of them when they come out and I get to see them and Discotek currently has that relationship going with the perfect Lupin dub cast.

Hopefully this gets one too, it sounds awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1