• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Creator Teases Next Anime Film as Last One

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
It seems like it was only yesterday that MHA started airing. It will be sad if this means the ending to MHA is near.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 am Reply with quote
Good. I don't like films.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It seems like it was only yesterday that MHA started airing. It will be sad if this means the ending to MHA is near.
Nah, it's not the My Hero Academia ending. The author has stated before that there will eventually be a timeskip. The current series is their beginning, their training, etc. The next arc will jump in time to when they're adults and established heroes. It's basically like going from Naruto to Naruto Shippuden.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
So from what I can gather from this, this movie will be kinda similar to the first HxH movie (Phantom Rouge) where it will use one of the author's scrapped ideas and turn it into its own movie. It might not be even be considered canon to the actual series.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:52 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Nah, it's not the My Hero Academia ending. The author has stated before that there will eventually be a timeskip. The current series is their beginning, their training, etc. The next arc will jump in time to when they're adults and established heroes. It's basically like going from Naruto to Naruto Shippuden.

Do you have a link where he actually says there will be a time slip?
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
So from what I can gather from this, this movie will be kinda similar to the first HxH movie (Phantom Rouge) where it will use one of the author's scrapped ideas and turn it into its own movie. It might not be even be considered canon to the actual series.

Considering the villain for this, has in fact shown up in the manga, I think it may be one of those loosely canonical type films (e.g. One Piece Z).
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:57 am Reply with quote
So finale-esque ala how the recent Kamen Rider Summer Movies are meant to be the "true finale's" for their respective series.
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

Why not? Why do you not like films at all? You really hate this series?
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
#898031 wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Do you have a link where he actually says there will be a time slip?
My efforts at finding the article it was from, or interview, has not been particularly fruitful. I do remember reading it, and it was from the author, but I cannot for the life of me find it again. It was from I believe last year, maybe 2017. I could be misremembering. All I've been able to find is an article from last year where he says, as of chapter 189, the story is 2/3rd's complete, and that's after an extension, and further extensions are not ruled out. Course, he could end MHA, and then start writing a sequel series which would be a time jump. MHA could have a defined end, but not necessarily THE end of MHA.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:19 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

This whole last movie thing sounds more like Horikoshi just being humble then actually being the last movie, but I would be very sad.

A great celebration of a series like Two heroes is a fan's dream. The level of pure visual fanservice from the tag team of Deku and All Moght vs Wolfram can only ever happen in a movie.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
MHA is among the most popular series today. In fact it is TOO poplar to end. No publisher would have that.

This upcoming movie might be the last movie for the current iteration of the MHA series, but there is much more to explore in the world of MHA and the series will likely continue in some form.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
My efforts at finding the article it was from, or interview, has not been particularly fruitful. I do remember reading it, and it was from the author, but I cannot for the life of me find it again. It was from I believe last year, maybe 2017. I could be misremembering. All I've been able to find is an article from last year where he says, as of chapter 189, the story is 2/3rd's complete, and that's after an extension, and further extensions are not ruled out. Course, he could end MHA, and then start writing a sequel series which would be a time jump. MHA could have a defined end, but not necessarily THE end of MHA.

Ah, he must drop the academia part of the title after the timeskjip, I get it.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:

Their availability absolutely sucks in comparison to all other distribution methods - you have to first be lucky enough to be in a spot where it's showing (particularly egregious with anime films compared to your regular movies), then you have to purchase to group-watch it once. Then, you have to wait months to be able to buy it if you want to watch it again. I like MHA quite a bit - just really don't like anime films.
#MuhBael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:

I like the series but movies are usually a mess writing wise and the first one was a prime example of that. Im perfectly ok with this being the last movie
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Man, the last film? Granted like some mentioned earlier, this could just be the last film of this era or something, but if it is indeed the last film of MHA that would be such a bummer.

Anybody remember the article/interview where Kōhei-sensei basically said he wanted to surpass One Piece one day as top manga ever in Japan ? Too lazy for the life of me to look it up but it’s really hard to imagine MHA is anywhere near close to ending..

I feel downright foolish lol. Here I was telling my friends and people alike MHA will have a plethora of movies even more so than One Piece and it’ll surpass One Piece and Naruto even though Naruto is my favorite series of all time Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2