• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: KILL la KILL - IF

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In order to unlock things like local and online versus and most of the roster, Kill la Kill IF forces you through its story mode, which is one of its big selling points.

...whyyyyy, why do they do thiiiis...

Anyhow, game sounds pretty much as expected.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 am Reply with quote
So glad this game has an English dub. Hopefully this leads to other anime licensed games(other than Naruto/Boruto and Dragon Ball) having their dubs.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
The review appears to list the production team for the anime in the right-hand column at the bottom. I sincerely doubt they all participated in the creation of this game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
So glad this game has an English dub. Hopefully this leads to other anime licensed games(other than Naruto/Boruto and Dragon Ball) having their dubs.

That would require the properties those games are based on to be substantially popular like Naruto & DragonBall.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:11 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

Your issue is with Bandai Namco, not Arc System Works.

As for Kill La Kill, I say be very grateful because ArcSys could have ignored everything about the show's time on Toonami like they ignored almost 10 years of BlazBlue dubs after dropping it for the final canon game, Central Fiction in 2016 (PS3 & PS4) and again in 2019 (Switch). I still think the only reason Cross Tag Battle got dubbed at all last year was because of pressure from Atlus (Persona) & Rooster Teeth (RWBY) since that game wouldn't have been dubbed otherwise had it not have any of their IPs involved.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
Been sinking all my time into Ultimate Alliance Three and Three Houses so I never got to the time to buy this one, that being said I still plan on playing it in the near future (hopefully I'll be able to still get my hands on the special edition for PS4 somewhere).

NJ_ wrote:
I still think the only reason Cross Tag Battle got dubbed at all last year was because of pressure from Atlus (Persona) & Rooster Teeth (RWBY) since that game wouldn't have been dubbed otherwise had it not have any of their IPs involved.

Even as a fan of RWBY, I kind of prefer the Japanese voices and use them when playing BBTag (well except Yang, she stays in English).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1