• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HERO MASK Producer Mikio Ono

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the interview! that was a really nice read. I was kinda hoping for a 15 episode second season too but I guess 9 episodes should be more than enough to cover all the loose ends the first season left. Can't freaking wait!!
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
So that means the TWIA article was an outlier opinion, then. Interesting.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 am Reply with quote
^^ I certainly hope this time around we get a normal, neutral review of the season made by someone who actually cares for the series, because boy was that TWIA article godawful. By far the worst thing I've read in this site in all the years I've been following ANN...
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:27 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
^^ I certainly hope this time around we get a normal, neutral review of the season made by someone who actually cares for the series, because boy was that TWIA article godawful. By far the worst thing I've read in this site in all the years I've been following ANN...

You know, sometimes I really wonder if there's anyone that actually likes TWIA. To me it seems to be about as popular as Vice & Luna...

As for the interview itself, I find the comment about Netflix's secrecy with its data very interesting. Everybody knew that those guys didn't publicize their rating but now even a producer says they don't know how their shows are doing? Sheesh, talk about keeping your hand close to your heart.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:34 pm Reply with quote
^^ +1000 (about TWIA). If I wanted to read a couple of hipsters doing a pissing contest over who can be more sarcastic /harsher about the stuff I like I would be reading Pitchfork or any other site for the cool kids. Alas, I'm not, so I certainly hope this time around they do this series some justice (or at the very least, a fair, level-headed review, just like the ones Theron Martin usually does. I mean, whether I agree or not with his views, at the very least I always find his reviews pretty informative and neutral, which is something TWIA articles never are).
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:30 am Reply with quote
Not sure why people are getting offended by reviews they don't like. Apparently, people aren't allowed to have a differing opinion about anime.

Quote:

Hero Mask has a score of 6.40 on MAL, 3.59 (out of 10) on AniDB and 57% on AniList. It's not only the TWIA people who find the show terrible/mediocre.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Not sure why people are getting offended by reviews they don't like. Apparently, people aren't allowed to have a differing opinion about anime.

Quote:

Hero Mask has a score of 6.40 on MAL, 3.59 (out of 10) on AniDB and 57% on AniList. It's not only the TWIA people who find the show terrible/mediocre.

I'm sorry, but it's not about being offended by a different opinion. When I read this site the bare minimum I ask for when I read an article about a series (doesn't matter if I liked it or not) is to be RESPECTFUL and informative ("good journalism costs money" remember?), something which that TWIA article wasn't by a long shot... Is that too much to ask? Rolling Eyes
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:

I'm sorry, but it's not about being offended by a different opinion. When I read this site the bare minimum I ask for when I read an article about a series (doesn't matter if I liked it or not) is to be RESPECTFUL and informative ("good journalism costs money" remember?), something which that TWIA article wasn't by a long shot... Is that too much to ask? Rolling Eyes

TWIA's format is a casual conversation not necessarily a formal review. With that format, you don't expect them to evaluate every aspect of the show. Also, I don't get what you mean by being informative since they were able to explain clearly the aspects of the show that they didn't like and why they didn't like it. Also, there's nothing really defamatory in the article, only harsh things being said about the show (which again is perfectly fine).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1