• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CyberConnect2 Develops New Anime Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeru-kun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Many people said that this new anime game will most likely be Bleach because they were making some kind of "green-light" announcement regarding new Bleach game. Anyone knows any source for this?

Edit: nvm, I found the Q&A vid of it. Sigh...there's barely any confirmation :/ guess we'll have to wait and see.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
A new Jojo game?

...Or could it be related to "Rise of Champions" trademark by Namco Bandai and Shuheisha?

Knowing this company's history with both groups, it won't surprise if it could be one of those options.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Please don't suck like JoJo Eyes of Heaven did.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:54 pm Reply with quote
CyberConnect2 do generally make good Anime games? I've only played one of the Naruto games, but it seemed pretty good. I would like to see a new entry in the Little Tail Bronx series, Solatorobo was great.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
A new Jojo game?

There's already a Jojo game coming out for the arcades.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Pretty hard to imagine Bleach EVER getting a new game. Maybe Dot Hack? They've been teasing a new one for a while.

Assuming, of course, it's not a sequel to Kakarot.

MarshalBanana wrote:
CyberConnect2 do generally make good Anime games? I've only played one of the Naruto games, but it seemed pretty good. I would like to see a new entry in the Little Tail Bronx series, Solatorobo was great.

That's mostly what they're known for nowadays. The Naruto games are notable for being 1. solid games, 2. Being faithful adaptations of the source material with lots of content and fanservice, and 3. Looking faaaabulous. All of which are very rare characteristics in licensed games.
anddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Hunter × Hunter. Seriously, it's about damn time we get a big budget console game.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I feel like at the rate it's going, Demon Slayer oughta be getting one sooner or later, whether it's from them or someone else. May be a bit early though.

Black Clover?
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

The only Naruto games I played were Ultimate Ninja Heroes 1 & 2 on PSP and the demo of Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS3 and even ignoring the latter, both Heroes games were fun. i have heard different things about the later Storm games over the years (including the games that didn't get ported recently) but I've never played them myself.

As for JoJo, All Star Battle was okay (with the only issues being the online and it's campaign) but Eyes of Heaven was awful since they changed it up to the typical arena fighter that everyone (myself included) gives Spike Chunsoft crap for and it wasn't as fun.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot looks promising because of the side missions but I'll be honest, that's the only thing drawing me in since I'm not that much of a fan of RPGs (specifically the regular turn-based ones which I know this one isn't so that's a plus) and this is yet another retelling of the DBZ story that I kinda avoided for most of the PS360 gen (also didn't help that most of those games were by Spike) so at this point I'm just hoping it'll turn out as decent as the old Legacy of Goku II game on Game Boy Advance.
LuluTheOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:03 am Reply with quote
Chances are pretty much impossible, but a Bleach game would be so damn cool! That’s the one Series that would really benefit from the Storm graphics. I think it’ll probably be something like Black Clover in the end though..
RoninX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Didn’t he made a comment a few weeks ago that he’s be interested in making a Bleach game?
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
Pretty hype. We need more quality anime games, seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1