• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Case File nº221: Kabukicho Worth Watching?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Kabukicho Sherlock is the true contrarian's choice, which is why I chose to watch it above most everything else.
tbrown3514

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoy this one. I look forward to watching it every week. I always find the awkward Rakugo the best part about the show.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 pm Reply with quote
This show has been nothing but confusing. I was really excited about it since I thought I was hakata tonkatsu ramen show vibes from it but alas this just isnt it.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Alternately, you could watch Ai Yoshimura's actual greatest work to date, the singing pomeranian scene in Dance with Devils.

Oh my god this cracked me up so hard.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to like Mrs. Hudson in spite of everything, probably because Suwabe somehow manages to give her a bit of dignity, though the script occasionally makes that impossible even for him. But why do the beards on anime drag queens always have to look so terrible? It's either chronic 5 o'clock shadow or fake bear pelt.

Lucy is a dream come true, or as close as I think I'm ever going to see in anime.

It also appears that Moriarity has some hidden agendas more in keeping with his namesake, so I guess I'll stick around to see what's up with him.

Mostly though I'm just left scratching my head at the end of most episodes, wondering what I just watched.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I gave up on head-scratching and dropped this series.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm missing something, but so far this is the most entertaining show this season. I am totally down with the quirkiness and weird humor and I like the characters a lot, although if I were Lucy I'd have smacked Mary a few times by now. And I like the little bits of info we get about the cast and Watson's mystery case. So this is a winner for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1