• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Light Novels Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
That setting sounds familiar, and by that I mean EVERYTHING in that description sounds like several series mashed together in one, but what kills me is the suit spoiler[ Infinite Dendrogram much?].

Last edited by LiteMangime on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
Okay, seriously...

How many [expletive] isekai is out there?
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
but what kills me is the suit spoiler[ Infinite Dendrogram much?].

Ah, someone else noticed that Laughing
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am Reply with quote
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is a hilarious isekai series and it should make for a great anime.

LiteMangime wrote:
That setting sounds familiar, and by that I mean EVERYTHING in that description sounds like several series mashed together in one, but what kills me is the suit spoiler[ Infinite Dendrogram much?].

This series started a year earlier than that one did and it simply took longer for this series to get licensed in the west.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
Frankly, it comes to a point that I don't really care about whether this is a VRMMO or a flat-out RPG Isekai anime. Those are barely any different from each other, and almost look and feel like an inferior SAO knock-off with a little twist, CUTE GIRLS IN BEAR COSTUMES this time! I'll bet that the anime will feature that copy-paste Isekai town when it airs.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is a hilarious isekai series and it should make for a great anime.

LiteMangime wrote:

This series started a year earlier than that one did and it simply took longer for this series to get licensed in the west.

huh, I don't know why I thought it came out somewhere between 2010 and 2013, guess cause the constant resurgence of the genre has messed with my sense of time? Point in case where these descriptions just blend together and sound the same, and I'm not talking about Blend S. And who am I kidding, I'll still be checking this out.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:29 pm Reply with quote
That key visual looks much cooler than it has any right to.
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah been reading this manga it's so bloody good Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quote
OK, where are all those people that not so long ago were screaming and moaning that there are no female leads in the new wave of isekai? Neither do I hear them saying thanks, no doubt any reply to this post will be in the venue of "but we want a different kind of female lead" or some other moving of the goal post.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:40 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
That key visual looks much cooler than it has any right to.

First time I've seen one that's completely misleading but 100% accurate as well. Laughing
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Frankly, it comes to a point that I don't really care about whether this is a VRMMO or a flat-out RPG Isekai anime. Those are barely any different from each other, and almost look and feel like an inferior SAO knock-off with a little twist, CUTE GIRLS IN BEAR COSTUMES this time! I'll bet that the anime will feature that copy-paste Isekai town when it airs.

Yeah, anime that are part of different genres are really SAO knock-offs now, makes sense.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Jesus Christ people. Not every single thing is an SAO knock off. Not every Isekai is identical. These dumb claims are so boring and overused.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:47 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Jesus Christ people. Not every single thing is an SAO knock off. Not every Isekai is identical. These dumb claims are so boring and overused.

Yeah I'm kinda getting tired of posts like those as well. It can end up putting people off good and interesting series before they even give them a chance.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
! I'll bet that the anime will feature that copy-paste Isekai town when it airs.

spoiler[starts in forest.
girl guides her to town after she saves said girl.
she helps girl out
travels to another town and helps them with their issue.
helps orphanage by giving em a job.]
Robiii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Even tho I’m kinda burnt out on the isekai train, this one actually something of quality. Will watch. Don’t let me down!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2