• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
22/7 (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:29 am Reply with quote

22/7 (TV)

Genres: Music
Themes:

Plot Summary:
Quote:
One day, Miu Takigawa suddenly receives a letter notifying her that she has been chosen as a member of a brand-new project. Half in disbelief, she heads over to the location stated on the letter. There, she finds seven other girls summoned there in the same fashion. The girls behold a giant, top-secret facility. They stand in bewilderment as they are told they are going to debut for a major record label as an idol group. A new kind of idol, never-before-seen, is about to be born here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
To put it kindly, the first episode made me feel a little sceptical. The girl getting terrified of gorillas in cages that they want to eat her, made me groan so hard, What would she do around animals that actually do eat people? Without looking it up it also sounds like most of the cast are amateurs, who may or may not just be idols.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:30 am Reply with quote
Sony put this group together more than two years ago, so yeah, not pro VAs. And differing a bit from the way it was done in the show, as they did do auditions, five rounds of them. Laughing

ANN listing of news release, a tiny bit spoiler-ish:
22/7 TV Anime Gets Extra Episode 13 Featuring All 11 Main Characters (Dec 24, 2019)
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-24/22-7-tv-anime-gets-extra-episode-13-featuring-all-11-main-characters/.154729

I'm interested in the show so far, but as much for the "Holy (bleep) this is crazy" factor as for the premise so far. Though I think Miu's character earns the emotions shown. I liked her reaction at the end.

I am ready to bail out on a moments notice if it starts to hurt my brain too much. Rolling Eyes
BSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 am Reply with quote
Miu has a horrible voice, her acting is pathetic, to say the least, and paired with her ugly (not physically) character, which is basically a sociopath bitch, she is such a bad main character I find it hard for anyone to enjoy the series.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:40 am Reply with quote
Ep 2

A team building episode. Now that The Wall has issued its first orders, the kids have their first organizational thing, and the MC has a problem. But the kids - minor spoiler[ - pull together in a minor way to help her.] I thought the writing and acting was very natural sounding, particularly outside her apartment house. Note: I'm going by the sound of the voices, I don't speak Japanese. But the group has some definite characters in it, and their emoting comes through.

There is a bit of personality conflict, as one of the kids demonstrates a pro level of idol talent, but The Wall does not give her the most important position, and she gets pissed enough to yell right into The Wall about it. And she gets warned by the big guy, no back-sassing The Wall. But nothing serious comes of it in this ep.

Other than the wall being around, it was just a good story about an idol group starting up and a main character with some problems. Overall, I liked it.
Zork

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit... I liked 22/7. I liked the characters (including Miu); the choreography; and the songs, even though the lyrics were less than uplifting. I especially like the piano music played by Miu in episode 3.

I'll also admit that I didn't understand much of what was going on. What was the Wall? Why was Gouda and others so afraid of going against orders issued by the wall? Was the Wall actually just a facade, or was it actually a sentient being? Why did Gouda say the girls were the 8 "chosen ones". What about the order to add 3 new members? Finally, who is Christel and why did Ayaka keep calling Miu that name?

I really hope that there will either be a season two, or at least an OVA to explain some things. But the chance of that happening is probably none and zero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1