• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mew Mew Magical Girl Manga Gets All-New Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it! However, who knows if this is either a reboot, remake, or a sequel? I guess we'll have to wait and see when more news of it comes up in the future.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Looking forward to it! However, who knows if this is either a reboot, remake, or a sequel? I guess we'll have to wait and see when more news of it comes up in the future.

The announcement says it's "completely new," indicating that it's not a reboot or remake.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 am Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:

The announcement says it's "completely new," indicating that it's not a reboot or remake.

I mean it says they’re looking for someone new to play the same main protagonist from the original series so it’s a reboot
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 am Reply with quote
I’m so excited for this. The original TMM is what got me into anime as a kid and it still means a lot to me. I hope this new version does well and makes new fans.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:50 am Reply with quote
This was one of the first magical girl series from my childhood. Hopefully we’ll get this in English. I also hope Shugo Chara! gets the same treatment during its 20th anniversary.

Last edited by Break Xerxes on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Takkun4343

Wow, Pierrot's really going all out for their 40th anniversary, if they're bringing back both Bleach and Tokyo Mew Mew. Assuming they're also animating the new adaptations, that is. Smile
ZeetherKID77

Good thing 4Kids doesn't exist to snatch this up and ruin it now, maybe we'll have a decent dub for once
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Good thing 4Kids doesn't exist to snatch this up and ruin it now, maybe we'll have a decent dub for once

They still technically exist but now it’s fully owned by Konami so they still release Yu-Gi-Oh! outside Japan like always. But they don’t do much more than that. Like Konami bought 4Kids just to get Yu-Gi-Oh!.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Guessing this'll be a more accurate adaption of the manga, sorta like Sailor Moon Crystal.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The Twitter account is called @mew_mew_new

Well played.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Mew Mew was always one of my favorite magical girl shows and I'm excited for more anime of it, whether it's a sequel or a reboot. Especially since nowadays I feel like magical girl shows are all either dark angsty Madoka copies or it's just more Precure but it feels like it's harder to get a more traditional magical girl show made these days.

Quote:
I mean it says they’re looking for someone new to play the same main protagonist from the original series so it’s a reboot
Digimon Adventure Tri recast everyone expect the Digimon and that was an anniversary sequel so I don't know that we can tell from the casting call alone whether it's a sequel or reboot.
americananimotk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm Reply with quote
If anybody is interested in my review of the 4KIDS Dubbed version of the original show, you can find it here: http://www.americananimeotaku.com/episodes/season7/EP121mewmew.html
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Yesssss! I’m so excited about this.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Say what you will about 4kids dubs but they had a lot of good creativity when it came to the music. They didn't need to put so much effort in it too. Nevertheless, I do agree the dub isn't the best.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:36 pm Reply with quote
TheOtakuX wrote:
Guessing this'll be a more accurate adaption of the manga, sorta like Sailor Moon Crystal.

Hopefully this will turn out better than Crystal did....>____>

But yeah, I'll be watching.

I also recommend peeps to check out Tokyo Mew Mew Ore's manga because it is oddly refreshing and quite entertaining and funny. If you were under the impression that it's just some sleezy reverse harem with a self-insert heroine, you are in for a surprising treat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2