• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Listeners Anime Reveals English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much they got recorded before the shut down from COVID-19.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:31 pm Reply with quote
they got one done
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:39 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
they got one done

Yup.. but i highly doubt many more are done... maybe 1 or 2 more episodes before its postponded.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:59 pm Reply with quote
nope, they said on twitter it was only one
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Ahh i completely missed that. Fair enough.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Then why would they even bother to release the first episode dubbed to put on hold straight after? Rather wished they just waited until they could produce a weekly dub episode.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing Fruits Basket will be the same way. Episode 1 of season 2 has a dub, but I'd be very surprised if episode 2 does.

I certainly don't blame them for putting simuldubs on hold, but I think they'll have some hard choices to make depending on how long this lasts. Winter 2020 was touted as the biggest season yet, and none of those dubs got through to the end of the season. They'd have to finish 3 or 4 episodes per show, too. Aside from co-productions or bigger titles that take priority, I could easily see them deciding to skip simuldubs this season to avoid having delays pile onto each other later on since it would take the "simul" out of simuldub if they get too far behind.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm guessing Fruits Basket will be the same way. Episode 1 of season 2 has a dub, but I'd be very surprised if episode 2 does.

I certainly don't blame them for putting simuldubs on hold, but I think they'll have some hard choices to make depending on how long this lasts. Winter 2020 was touted as the biggest season yet, and none of those dubs got through to the end of the season. They'd have to finish 3 or 4 episodes per show, too. Aside from co-productions or bigger titles that take priority, I could easily see them deciding to skip simuldubs this season to avoid having delays pile onto each other later on since it would take the "simul" out of simuldub if they get too far behind.
WellI one positive thing is that all winter season anime have been finished. Meaning they can prepare all those scrips already. I bet they gonna record and release those delayed episodes all at once for each anime. But all depends how they can set up all those home studios really. Might be a big investment now but perhaps in the future beneficial as well. Extra recording capability.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:19 pm Reply with quote
They did have 3 dubbed eps ready to be shown in theaters before they were all shut down. So we will probably be getting at least those three. They were at least 2-3 months ahead for the first season, so its possible the same could happen for this one
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, could have sworn "mu" was being called a "player" but this article says she is a "prayer". Chinglish? BTW, the manga Guy finds is titled "Players" in Roman characters...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1