• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Anime Resumes on July 3 After COVID-19 Delay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP654

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Just 1 more month
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I do believe you made a mistake.

Its starting from episode 1. Bottom of the page.
http://shokugekinosoma.com/5thplate/news/index00120000.html
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
This got delayed again again again... But they are right to delay it so I can't be angry them.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Update: The Japanese version of the website announcement states that the anime will resume with episode 1 in July, while the English version of the website announcement states that the anime will resume with episode 3. The official English Twitter account clarifies that it will resume from episode 1 on July 3.

No, the English version says it will start from the first episode on July 3, too. I think you may have mixed it up with the previous announcement that it would be delayed, given that that announcement is linked as one of the sources and not the most recent one.

From the previous announcement:

Quote:
Due to the effects of the spread of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the broadcast and streaming of the most recent series, “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma the Fifth Plate” which started in April 2020 will be postponed to July, starting with the third episode.

That one was saying it would be delayed starting from the third episode, not that it was restarting from the third episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1