• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Adds 1st Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Anime Season on July 8

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Wait, wasn't this already on Netflix?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Are they adding the actual full season, of which there was technically only one under that title and it was 224 episodes as you said. Or are they using the American bastardization or "season" and only mean a cour or two?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:13 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wait, wasn't this already on Netflix?
It was on Netflix but apparently the first two seasons expired there already and they only have season three now.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I missed the "Duel Monsters" part of the headline at first and thought they were adding the Toei series. Pretty sure Duel Monsters was already on Netflix before, didn't know it even left.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime suspended production in early May due to safety concerns related to the spread of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
It should be noted that production of Yugioh Sevens has started back up again and new episodes are airing again.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Wish they added gx. The English dub made some ridiculous lines like '.when you hit puberty, that was a rumor'' or references to American Pie
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Wish they added gx. The English dub made some ridiculous lines like '.when you hit puberty, that was a rumor'' or references to American Pie
The GX dub and I think pretty much all the dub is up on the official YouTube channel. I think Crunchyroll has the dub too as well as the subs.
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 am Reply with quote
Dub or sub?
peno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:51 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
The GX dub and I think pretty much all the dub is up on the official YouTube channel. I think Crunchyroll has the dub too as well as the subs.

I am not sure, but I think the dub of GX (and I believe the other Yu-Gi-Oh! series dubs) on Crunchyroll is not available in North America, only subs are available in that region. I am not 100% sure about this, but this is what I've read from more than one source before. Though it's some time I've read this, so it may have changed since then.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I checked the Crunchyroll app and they have the GX dub. The only dub season of Yugioh they don’t have is Vrains which hasn’t been picked up in the US yet though they have the Vrains sub.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I checked the Crunchyroll app and they have the GX dub. The only dub season of Yugioh they don’t have is Vrains which hasn’t been picked up in the US yet though they have the Vrains sub.

Crunchyroll doesn't have Arc-V's dub either unfortunately.
peno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Arc V is only subbed on Crunchyroll, while Zexal is only dubbed there. And Duel Monsters subs are still unfinished, although they are working on it, but with very random and unpredictable schedule. Hopefully, one day, we will have all the Yu-Gi-Oh! series both dubbed and subbed on Crunchyroll. But until then, we'll have to deal with what we have.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I think they're almost done with subbing Duel Monsters.
peno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 am Reply with quote
There's still 20 episodes left and the last batch was in mid-May. With this speed, I am afraid it'll be another year or so until it's finished. Hope I am just too sceptical, but before there were even time when they did not update subbed Duel Monsters episodes for almost a year, so, that's definitely speaking against them. Still hope, though, that Konami will kick it up now, that there's so little left and they don't have any other subbed series to work on, since Sevens is not streaming yet. Of course, that's considering they don't work on Zexal subs, but somehow I doubt about it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Bring over Toei's anime. Why hasn't it been done yet? Even a sub only release.

That's the only Yu-Gi-Oh! anime I'm interested in collecting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2