• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer 2020 Catch-Up Guide

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Very useful refresher course, thank you! I didn't need the one for Re:zero since I just finished watching the director's cut (I watched the original when it first came out) and I dropped Alicization ages ago, but much appreciated the recaps of Bureau and SNAFU, both of which I'll be watching.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the refreshers!

Oh cool, I didn't catch the news that Funi was going to dub Muhyo, nice!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Question: Since it seems you (Theron) have seen the first season of Muhyo and Roji, will the second season be covered in the preview guide? Asking since the first season has not been previously reviewed here, though the first season not being reviewed in the preview guide was probably the result of it coming out in August, which won’t be a problem this time around.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I asked Theron to watch the show ahead of Preview Guide so it should make it in this time around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quote
In regards to the Re:Zero promo, the white-haired witch is actually named Echina and she is the Witch of Greed, not Satella. (also don't worry this isn't a spoiler, she's introduced as Echidna during her first scene)
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
A slight correction on the Re:Zero section. The newest PV, which was just recently put up on Crunchyroll's Youtube Channel, reveals that the white-haired individual we've been seeing prominently on the promos actually goes by the name of Echidna, apparently titled The Witch of Greed. Whether Satella herself will also play a role in the events of S2 remains to be seen, though if another witch seems to be a main focus, then the answer is "most likely".
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:28 pm Reply with quote
This was great (I was hoping we might see something like this), thank you for putting it together! I was good on Re:Zero thanks to the recent DC, but definitely needed a refresher on SNAFU (and didn't really feel like taking the time to rewatch it all).

Muhyo never really made it on my radar. Is it worth watching?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
This was great (I was hoping we might see something like this), thank you for putting it together! I was good on Re:Zero thanks to the recent DC, but definitely needed a refresher on SNAFU (and didn't really feel like taking the time to rewatch it all).

Muhyo never really made it on my radar. Is it worth watching?

Tough to say without knowing more about what you like and don't. You have disabled your anime lists so I can't even paw through those to see if you might dig this. I liked it. I enjoyed the dynamic between the two leads, the humour and the plotting. Others may disagree, but to me it had sort of a Rumiko Takahashi vibe (maybe a slightly harder edge?) so if you like her stuff, you might enjoy this.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Question: Since it seems you (Theron) have seen the first season of Muhyo and Roji, will the second season be covered in the preview guide? Asking since the first season has not been previously reviewed here, though the first season not being reviewed in the preview guide was probably the result of it coming out in August, which won’t be a problem this time around.

Since James (who did the Fire Force episode reviews) is part of the Preview Guide team, this should be one of the rare seasons where all of the sequels get covered.

Also, a review of the first season of Muhyo & Roji is coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm Reply with quote
For me, hands down is Re:Zero.

That said, I hope the 2nd half of the sequel has a bit more uplifting parts
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Oregairu, easy. Especially since it should cover the rest of the LN. I also have to rewatch season 2 to get myself properly emotionally destroyed.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I've been wanting to see more of Oregairu since S2 ended; at the time, it was my gold standard of romcoms. Love is War has replaced it as my favorite romcom since; will it reclaim its' top spot in my eyes, or will it wallow in its' own self angst?
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Since I missed it last time, I'm most looking forward to Re:Zero. Re-watching it with the DC episodes and then having the delay only increased that desire Laughing

Also looking forward to SNAFU, Fire Force, Peter Grill, Monster Girl Doctor & Deca-dence. Should be a good season =)

Blood- wrote:

Tough to say without knowing more about what you like and don't. You have disabled your anime lists so I can't even paw through those to see if you might dig this. I liked it. I enjoyed the dynamic between the two leads, the humour and the plotting. Others may disagree, but to me it had sort of a Rumiko Takahashi vibe (maybe a slightly harder edge?) so if you like her stuff, you might enjoy this.

Thanks for doing that! Sorry it was in vain -_- At some point I added a dozen or so series to my list, but then stopped and forgot about it, so there's not much to see there anyway ^^;

I appreciate the insight & recommendation =)

Key wrote:
Also, a review of the first season of Muhyo & Roji is coming.

Nice!
Stretch2424

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 am Reply with quote
So, in SAO Underworld, does Kirito know that he's in a video game, not the real world? Is he fighting to break out of what he knows is just a virtual reality, or, as far as he knows, is this the only world there is and he's fighting because he dislikes the injustice there? This question has been bothering me since episode one.
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 am Reply with quote
The scores of people who saw a white-haired female in the trailer and imediately went "Oh, it's Satella!" is actually quite meta for Re:Zero, if you think about it.

But yeah, like others have said, she introduces herself as Echidna, the Witch of Greed and her ears aren't pointy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2