• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World End Economica Anime Streams Promotional Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 am Reply with quote
stonks the anime
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:24 am Reply with quote
I'm one of those still waiting the long-promised but presumably forgotten physical copy of the PC game. I have never used Stream and always intended to play the physical copy although, a PSN copy would be okay, at this point.
BasketBalljones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Happy to have backed this project, it's a fantastic visual novel, and Isuna Hasekura once again wrote a wonderful story for it. Hope it picks up the attention it deserves!
tsog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy this VN is getting an anime adaptation, but a bit wary that the PV is entirely about WEE Episode 2. WEE is dense enough that it'll need over one cour to properly adapt it; I hope they aren't going to skip the first and last parts.

Not the best VN ever, but it was great at making the world of stock/securities trading exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I've scoured ANN and reddit and haven't seen a single person that's acknowledged how utterly good this PV looks and sounds. IT NEEDS ATTENTION. The animation and art is beautiful, the music is beautiful, the story is deep and philosophical and intellectually stimulating.
I hope everyone here spreads the PV among their friends, because we need this project to be acquired by a good studio and VA cast to do it justice.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I just checked the Kickstarter campaign description and it was only for [advertising costs for] a trailer, with the intention that a PV might generate enough interest to get a good full anime adaptation produced. The ANN article is talking as if a full anime has now been confirmed — is that correct?
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
The ANN article is talking as if a full anime has now been confirmed — is that correct?

It doesn't look like an anime is actually happening yet. This promo video only came out 4 days ago, and is apparently just the ad for a potential full anime. I can't find any indication that this has been picked up, but the title of this article is kinda misleading.

Also, gotta say, this is pretty much the worst possible time to be pushing a series about the wonders of stock trading. Not their fault, but, well, don't get your hopes up.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:17 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Also, gotta say, this is pretty much the worst possible time to be pushing a series about the wonders of stock trading. Not their fault, but, well, don't get your hopes up.

I haven’t got around to playing the VNs (and may never), but if I understand correctly, isn’t it also about the horrors of stock trading?
12Zwolf12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I liked the VN, but I don't see any value in this story getting an anime or manga. The story is clearly structured to be a VN with 3 clearly separate parts that build the story as a whole (there are even parts where you can imagine they took out decision to make it kinetic to reduce the workload).
This story will never work and come off as dry in any other format (even the VN had some lengthy dry parts).
Don't get me wrong, I liked the VN overall, but I don't see any added value in the anime or manga version and I can't imagine anything but the VN version being the preferred medium to consume the story.

Just as an explanation for people that might not know this story, you need at least basic knowledge about the stock market and how it works to understand the plot and character developments and while the VN can get away with textbook like explanations this will never work in any other format, plus you can't cut out these explanations either or you will end up with a very small target audience that already knows about these things.
While the strength of the story are the characters and the overall story structure, those parts don't make sense if you don't understand stock trading as it is the basis of all of the character and story development.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:43 am Reply with quote
That was an amazing trailer. KK&TAR slayed it with that song. I want to see this as an anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1