• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kingdom Manga Creator Yasuhisa Hara Announces His Divorce

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I'll never understand adultery. Like... if you feel attracted to someone else while you're in a committed relationship, end the relationship immediately, and spare the pain of the spouse being betrayed and judging their self-worth as a result.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Second Fire Shadow wrote:
I'll never understand adultery. Like... if you feel attracted to someone else while you're in a committed relationship, end the relationship immediately, and spare the pain of the spouse being betrayed and judging their self-worth as a result.

What’s there to not understand? People are deceptive and evil at their core.
Idgal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:34 pm Reply with quote

some want the cake and to eat it too
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:07 pm Reply with quote
There might be other issues going on that the public does not know about. None of us are in a place to judge this man unless we're perfect.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This is very sad news to hear indeed coming from the man who made my favourite manga of all time. The divorce was way back in March but I understand how difficult it might have been to fully admit his mistakes but at the very least he eventually did. I can only hope things get better from here & that the manga's quality won't drop because of this.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:03 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
There might be other issues going on that the public does not know about. None of us are in a place to judge this man unless we're perfect.

theres no excuse for adultery. you dont have to be perfect to have common sense and being treated the way you want to be treated.
#Satou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
Cutiebunny wrote:

theres no excuse for adultery. you dont have to be perfect to have common sense and being treated the way you want to be treated.

In Japan is normal, the difference is that with average people doesn't matter but people with suddenly rise in popularity and money well the person with the money do all the damage, I bet he cheat on his wife without care of hide nothing but the wife was the lucky that need to keep his mouth shut because the men is the one providing the money, the only mistake that Hara did to finally get some criticism is cheat on his wife with a famous tv personality that love money and famous people, just like with Ayame Goriki(ex yusaku maezawa) but maybe Yasuhisa Hara will try to not let go this girl like maezawa, after all he destroy his whole family because he choose to hear his other Head instead the head that matters.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:32 pm Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
Cutiebunny wrote:

I stand by what I said.

Do you know if his wife cheated on him first? Maybe what he was doing was out of anger because his wife did it to him first. Not that that justifies his actions, but once again, we, the public, are not aware of all that has happened between this man and his now former wife. That is why we, the public, need to stay out of it.

Stop judging people, especially when you're not aware of all that has transpired. Sad that I have to say this to a bunch of adults.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:09 am Reply with quote

People sometimes commit adultery because their spouse is legitimately not supportive or just plain abusive. Which means that for some going back to their significant other is not wholly practical.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Lotta weird hypothetical defenses for why a dude would cheat on his wife with a girl 20 years younger than him, even after he’s admitted it was a shitty thing to do, but go off I guess.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:36 am Reply with quote
There is no excuse for adultery. If you have fallen out of love for your spouse, or if your need to cheat is stronger than your love, then just leave your spouse or significant other. Not doing so is crappy to your spouse and your children.

Revenge cheating is a thing, but with men the most likely cause is wanting your cake and eating it too. The oldest story in the world.

Hope the news cycle dies down for his family's sake.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Should've just gone to soaplands - in Japan, that's not considered cheating (even though both J-men and J-women believe people cheat more than 50% of the time......... so that's weird)

Here’s what Japanese men and women think about cheating
Quote:
J-Women: "It's only cheating when emotions are involved."
spider97

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I've never read Kingdom and i know cheating sucks and all that but no one is perfect and we may say we will never do it but the moment may say otherwise.

I hope fans won't stop supporting the manga, could have been worse he could've been a pedophile (Ruroni Kenshin guy) and no 20 years younger ain't the same, their adults.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1