• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Ancient Magus' Bride's Kore Yamazaki Launches New Manga Next Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:51 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to Yamazaki-sensei! Though I am a bit worried if she would be able to manage serializing two manga series simultaneously. Artist burnouts and illness are so common in the manga industry, and I know she sometimes also has to travel to collect material for Ancient Magus Bride (seeing her photos on Twitter of the places she visits in Britain is really cool though), so a new manga would be an additional time/energy/emotional commitment.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:27 am Reply with quote
Is she planning to write both series simultaneously, or is she thinking about wrapping up Magus Bride? (I hope it’s not wrapping up too quickly, I love the current arc to pieces!)
skemono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 am Reply with quote
She wrote Frau Faust simultaneously with Ancient Magus' Bride, so she has experience handling two series at once.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
Kore Yamazaki has also supervised a couple of spin-off manga in the Ancient Magus' Bride universe. Seven Seas just released the first volume of one of them: Jack Flash and the Faerie Case Files --- urban fantasy involving a changeling detective in contemporary New York.

I've only just started it. The art isn't as clean as Yamazaki's work (they really need to let up on the line thickness of the panel borders), and it's sort of goofball noir, but it's not bad.

Quote:
That's a neat little spell I whipped up myself. It uses the ashes from burning rat whiskers and scraps of rubber from a taxi's tire.

Rats and taxis. Nobody knows this city better than them.

No, it's not bad at all, and the writer knows to borrow from the best (there's a delightful homage to William Gibson).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1