• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Devil May Cry 5 Game Gets Special Edition for PS4, Xbox Series X

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Nice Cool

Whelp, more youtube movies and gamerplaythrough haha.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Dextres wrote:
Nice Cool

Whelp, more youtube movies and gamerplaythrough haha.

I don’t blame you despite all the fan acclaim this game got it was a janky game writing and gameplay wise.
Superfield

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I believe there is a mistake in the title; this game was confirmed for PS5, not PS4.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Superfield wrote:
I believe there is a mistake in the title; this game was confirmed for PS5, not PS4.

Though Vergil is still coming to the PS4 and XB1 as DLC.

Anyway, good to see more from this. Arguably the best DMC ever so having Vergil playable is great. Too bad they couldn't get Lady and Trish in.
Superfield

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:15 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Too bad they couldn't get Lady and Trish in.

As much as I love playing as Trish and (to an admittedly lesser extent) Lady in DMC4SE, I am of the firm opinion that that game would've been an overall better package had they cut Trish and Lady in favor of more levels, enemies, bosses, etc. for Dante, Nero and Vergil. That game has five playable characters and maybe two-thirds of a complete campaign between them.

In a perfect world, yeah, having all six demon slayers playable in DMC5SE would be a dream come true, but getting Trish and Lady in wouldn't be the hill for me to die on in terms of content for this game. Just ol' Vergie is plenty for me... in theory. The pricing structure is going to be everything.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I wondered about the disc version since what I saw before had said the digital would be available at launch but didn't say if there would be a disc version.

I'm hoping that this is just an issue with the supply chain right now and not a sign that game publishers are going to follow movie studios and start the whole "buy it digitally before blu-ray" thing. It's quite evident that they'd love to kill off used games, reduce costs, and keep more profit for themselves while charging the same price (or more from the looks of it), but maybe don't make it a point to punish those who prefer physical.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1