• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Redo of Healer TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Theme Song Artists, January 2021 Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, yes. I'm loving this. I see some waifu's too. Waiting for the BD.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:33 am Reply with quote
Still can't believe the madmen are actually doing it.

Crunchyroll better have a giant content warning before each episode.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
a healer who is used and tossed around by his fellow adventurers on the assumption that healers cannot fight on their own

A very tame description of what the bad guys and gals did to the healer. Hopefully, that is not an indicator that the production has turned a NSFW revenge story into a 'teddy bear' revenge story.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:09 am Reply with quote
I want the full, car crash effect of this adaptation on screen and dominating streaming charts the way Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero did. (Even though neither is anywhere near the same ballpark as this).
Millennial Anime Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 am Reply with quote
Oh boy I can't wait for the controversy over this anime to blow up on Twitter and makes the controversy over Goblin Slayer and The Rising of the Shield Hero looks like tame in comparison. I don't know if whether or not Crunchyroll or Funimation will acquire this anime but hopefully they will give this anime the proper age rating.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Quote:
a healer who is used and tossed around by his fellow adventurers on the assumption that healers cannot fight on their own

A very tame description of what the bad guys and gals did to the healer. Hopefully, that is not an indicator that the production has turned a NSFW revenge story into a 'teddy bear' revenge story.

Is like when Attila the Hun invaded Europe, all what his warriors done was "use and toss around" men and woman of the conquered lands.

Unless they remove like 70% of the scenes, I don't know how they can turn this in a 'teddy bear' revenge story.

Goblin Slayer is a kids shonen story in comparison with this story.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
Well, if they are consistent with the source with the fates of certain characters, there'll be a lot of black bars. Not that those characters didn't deserve what happened, but there'll be a lot of yelling nonetheless, with a big portion of those yelling how the author shouldn't have taken this or that approach... ...I'll have my popcorn ready for the comments once it airs.
Birriaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Still can't believe the madmen are actually doing it.

Crunchyroll better have a giant content warning before each episode.

We’re closer to this happening and I still have no idea how it’ll go down. Will the adaptation be something along the lines of Reviewers or are we getting the PG version? I remember Goblin Slayer’s debate a couple of years ago but don’t really foresee one for this one since most people are already aware of what kind of story it is and/or grown desensitized to it.

Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
We’re closer to this happening and I still have no idea how it’ll go down. Will the adaptation be something along the lines of Reviewers or are we getting the PG version? I remember Goblin Slayer’s debate a couple of years ago but don’t really foresee one for this one since most people are already aware of what kind of story it is and/or grown desensitized to it.

Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.

It might be toned down somewhat. Not even the tank version of the manga has nipples.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
She always had that hair color.

The designs look good, but there's very little in the way of actual animation in the PV. Seems like it'll look mediocre at best, which doesn't bode well for the watchability of the show.

Worst case scenario it's too disgusting for average viewers to bother with and too watered down for fans and horny people to enjoy.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Millennial Anime Fan wrote:
Oh boy I can't wait for the controversy over this anime to blow up on Twitter and makes the controversy over Goblin Slayer and The Rising of the Shield Hero looks like tame in comparison. I don't know if whether or not Crunchyroll or Funimation will acquire this anime but hopefully they will give this anime the proper age rating.

The best description I've seen is "Redo of Healer is the show haters always try to make Shield Hero out to be"

Either way, I'm looking forward to it just to see how much they can get away with outside an R-18 release. The PV looks nice and the girls look great. I expect controversy from the usual places, but that's really just free advertising as we've seen.
topgun97

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Birriaman wrote:
She always had that hair color.

The designs look good, but there's very little in the way of actual animation in the PV. Seems like it'll look mediocre at best, which doesn't bode well for the watchability of the show.

Worst case scenario it's too disgusting for average viewers to bother with and too watered down for fans and horny people to enjoy.

I feel you. Judging from the PV, despite the lack of animation scenes just from the art style you can tell the quality is going to be average or slightly above average at best.
topgun97

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 pm Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
Millennial Anime Fan wrote:

The best description I've seen is "Redo of Healer is the show haters always try to make Shield Hero out to be"

Either way, I'm looking forward to it just to see how much they can get away with outside an R-18 release. The PV looks nice and the girls look great. I expect controversy from the usual places, but that's really just free advertising as we've seen.

"The girls looks great", as someone who has read a bit of the Web Novel I can tell you that looks can be quite deceiving. But I'm sure everyone here knows that. I hope that they don't slack with the NSFW moments, otherwise this is just going to be watered down to oblivion.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
"The girls looks great", as someone who has read a bit of the Web Novel I can tell you that looks can be quite deceiving. But I'm sure everyone here knows that. I hope that they don't slack with the NSFW moments, otherwise this is just going to be watered down to oblivion.

Oh, I know. By "look great" I mean their anime designs are very attractive and appealing. Looking forward to seeing how much they can get away with.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm so not a fan of this revenge fantasy p-rn but will be watching. I'm curious to see how far are they willing to animate for TV.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2