• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sunrise Producer: Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino Develops 3 New Projects

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 am Reply with quote
Are these 3 projects Gundam related, one of them, or none? I would like some clarification.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:18 am Reply with quote
And maybe one out of three of them will be actually good.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:43 am Reply with quote
More King Gainer, please
AkaRed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:40 am Reply with quote
Curious to see what those 3 project will be ? Very Happy
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:51 am Reply with quote
I wonder if one of them is Dunbine related. It's the perfect time for Sunrise to go back to that franchise. Show modern anime fans what Isekai looked like before it became synonymous with "JRPG world".
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:08 am Reply with quote
Talking about G-Reco, are they never dubbing the movies? The US release seems to just be an import for the BDs and nothing more than that.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to seeing what Big T is up to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:35 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn that several years ago Tomino said that he wanted to do a reboot of Space Runaway Ideon.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I see a vote for King Gainer II and I see a vote for Ideon remake. These are proper answers. I think he is tapped on Gundam ideas, so i'd like him to get around some.
Marzan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn that several years ago Tomino said that he wanted to do a reboot of Space Runaway Ideon.

That would awesome and terrifying in equal measure. Tomino does big ideas like no one else can but the finer details in his latter offerings has been head scratching to say the least.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Talking about G-Reco, are they never dubbing the movies? The US release seems to just be an import for the BDs and nothing more than that.

All copies of Reconquista should be torched with extreme prejudice, stamped out then torched again for good measure. Hitting the worst of Tomino's depressive period lows and with no redeeming qualities.
leonard.lim.944023

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

All copies of Reconquista should be torched with extreme prejudice, stamped out then torched again for good measure. Hitting the worst of Tomino's depressive period lows and with no redeeming qualities.

G reco is Now non canon to UC so you can relax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbixIXIxXM&t=1s
https://www.lisani.jp/gundam40th/
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:

I disagree. It's a show that has all the most Tomino-esque parts of Zeta, Char's Counterattack, and Brain Powerd, all rolled into a package that's almost completely inaccessible to mainstream Japanese-language anime fandom (who, may I remind you, are the reason why Destiny is the best-selling 21st century anime series in terms of domestic Japanese DVD/Bluray sales, so they're not exactly arbiters of what constitutes a "good Gundam series", are they?). Sure, for some traditional Gundam fans, I'm sure it's intolerable, but for some "Tomino fans", it's a real treat.
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I just want it to be non Gundam related.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:46 am Reply with quote
Tomino generally doesn't seem to like to do remakes or reboots beyond compilations, but given his age and the fact that uhhh, three projects seems like a lot when I think a lot of us figured the G-Reco movies would be the last, maybe it's more likely than before. But we'll see.

I seem to recall it being said that Tomino was working on something Dunbine/Byston Well related in a Great Mechanics G issue back around September, but I don't know if that was ever reliably confirmed.
leonard.lim.944023 wrote:

They're putting it with "Other Centuries" there, which is technically true - G-Reco is Regild Century (RG). Notably they also throw Turn A on that pile, which is Correct Century (CC) but its relation to UC hasn't been up for debate for a while now. So no, that doesn't make it non-canon to UC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2