• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Opens at #10 in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 pm Reply with quote
as usual right now, not saying much when there's basically nothing new out and barely anyone are seeing movies to begin with.

still better than expected I guess, given that it's in almost no theaters...
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
as usual right now, not saying much when there's basically nothing new out and barely anyone are seeing movies to begin with.

still better than expected I guess, given that it's in almost no theaters...

Yup. Californian here. My county is on lockdown, so no seeing the movie for me. Really sucks. I missed Lupin, and thought I'd catch this...so much for that.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Dang and I just saw it last night.

Man that was crazy stuff, especially the fight-scenes.
Kaylee Smerbeck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Didn't go cause my county was nearing orange and now crossed into it.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 am Reply with quote
I saw the other two films in the theater, and was really looking forward to seeing this one, but I guess it will be Blu-ray for me.

I wish they'd go back and do the other two routes of the game like this.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 am Reply with quote
I saw it last Friday, there were only about ten people in the theater with me and no one sat close to each other. Seeing these 3 films has been a weird experience for me. For the first film the theater was packed, to the point where I had to nearly sit in the front row. For the second film there were only about 20 or 30 people in the theater and some jerks were heckling the film. For the final film, it was just me and about 10 people, so at least it was quite.

Some of the fights were really, really well animated. I can't wait to buy the Blu Ray.
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am Reply with quote
Didn't get to see it because Oregon 1) We're on the upswing in cases, and 2) the governor just put the state on lockdown.

So I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray release - or for Aniplex USA to rent a clue and put the movies up for streaming.

That said - if they had put this out in the summer, I have a Drive-in theater near me, and I would potentially have been able to go see this there, which would have been a hell of a way to see an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Most of the theaters in my area are split between two major national chains. One has not reopened since the original shutdowns in the spring, while the other is open at limited seating capacity despite orange/red status in the area. (In my state, even the red standard for lockdown is only limiting capacity and open hours rather than closing everything.) The chain that is open isn't the one which normally carries anime films when they circulate, but they had this one; presumably that's because little else was available. (The other movies the theater is screening right now are mostly either replays or ones that would not normally get heavy distribution.) With the recliner-chair seating, every-other-seat spacing easily keeps you six feet apart.

I think there were around 10-12 other people in the theater when I saw it Saturday night, all scattered out unless they came as a couple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tsog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Went to the 1 & 2 showing and the 3 a few days later. Not much difference aside from masks and everyone socially distancing.

dm wrote:

I wish they'd go back and do the other two routes of the game like this.

I wish they'd given it more animation time. It was clear they cut content to fit Heaven's Feel into, essentially, 12 eps long (3 x 2 hr movies = 6 hrs or roughly 12 eps). Maybe 18 eps or so would do it better justice.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Damn-all I want to do is see this-I've been waiting since forever! I refuse to watch a shitty camrip-it's either see it at a theater or watch it on bluray for me.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Dang, I've watched the last 2 in theatres and I really wanted to see the conclusion to sakura's story on the big screen but I live with family members who would just die if they got covid so while I'd risk my health(I wouldn't actually) for sakura I wouldn't risk anyone else's.

Guess I'll have to wait for the blu-rays, hopefully they won't sell out of their limited edition ones immediately if fans buy more of HF3 than the previous ones due to not seeing it in theatres.

I wish there was an option of seeing it at another time when things actually settle down and a vaccine is widely available but as far as I know anime movies in the west only get one shot. Unless you're dragon ball z. You miss that chance and that's it(as a cinematic experience).
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Saw it on Sunday and there weren't too many people in the theater and everyone was spaced throughout the auditorium so wasn't concerned about safety since we all wore masks.
That being said, a very emotional scene at the end of the film focused on Sakura's ass, and somehow her dress was stuffed so far up her butt crack so as to accentuate her cheeks it was comically distracting.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:29 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
as usual right now, not saying much....

Then why do you feel the need to post this is virtually every single article regarding theater numbers for movies? That's not saying much, literally, either.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 am Reply with quote
Luckily theaters are open here so I was able to catch it over the weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1