• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Coveted Goku Figures Meet Watery Demise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I definitely like the new thumbnail better, although I do feel sorry for everyone involved though; from manufacturing company in China, to distributor Bandai, as well as customers who are eager for their figures’ arrival
Chris Handsome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 pm Reply with quote
They better offer refunds for those that have waited half a year for these figures.
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Chris Handsome wrote:
They better offer refunds for those that have waited half a year for these figures.

Half a year isn't long at all tbh lmao, I had to wait a year and a half one time for a fig to come out from when it was originally said to be released.

If you're a fig collector and don't anticipate delays, that's on you
3ngag3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I heard the figures tried to float to the surface, but Frieza swooped in and drowned them for good.
TheTsunami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 pm Reply with quote
YoshiChao wrote:
Chris Handsome wrote:

Half a year isn't long at all tbh lmao, I had to wait a year and a half one time for a fig to come out from when it was originally said to be released.

If you're a fig collector and don't anticipate delays, that's on you

Ordered a figure a couple months back that is scheduled to be released in April...of 2022.
fanime99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
Chris Handsome wrote:

I suspect the people who ordered these may well want to wait, and I'm sure the company will accommodate those who don't want to, but this hardly counts as a deliberate action on the company's part. Not like they chose a ship which was deliberately heading into stormy weather.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:18 am Reply with quote
Chris Handsome wrote:

First they need to figure out what exactly was lost. That could take a while.

For a smaller company, the only next option would be to wait for insurance to reimburse them before moving on, but even though Premium Bandai is a small division, Bandai Spirits is quite huge, so they can jump to the next step.

The next step is to decide whether to refund, or remanufacture. I think most buyers of this particular product would prefer to have the figure remanufactured and wait for them to come later than to be refunded. If Bandai is really nice, they might remanufacture, but also offer refunds to those who do not want to wait...

-t
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:00 pm Reply with quote
This is the weirdest headline I've seen on this site.

I feel bad for all the people who ordered figures, and I hope they can somehow be pulled from the ocean due to environmental concerns.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:10 pm Reply with quote
This is the funniest headline I have ever seen on this site; I feel bad for the people who ordered and hope they can find the boxes because yeah, environmental concerns, but I can't stop laughing at how ridiculous it sounds.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:05 am Reply with quote
Oh this is sad. I don’t collect this line but as a Dragon Ball fan I am sure I know people who do. Well I hope everyone gets their figures or money back eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1