• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saki Manga Franchise Has 10 Million Copies in Circulation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
The 15th anniversary artbook has been pre-ordered already.

Although there is no news for another season of anime with the anniversary date, but hopefully it is not completely off the table in the coming years.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Damn 10 million copies is a lot, even if its counting all the various spinoffs. Hope to see another TV anime done by Studio Gokumi some day, whether it's the continuation of The Nationals, or Shinohayu, or the Toki/Ryuuka spinoff, or whatever else may be (Achiga again?).
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
whether it's the continuation of The Nationals, or Shinohayu, or the Toki/Ryuuka spinoff, or whatever else may be (Achiga again?).

Achiga appears to be a passion project. It didn't sell very well but the author is continuing/reviving it after we got to the vanguard of the Finals. So I wouldn't bank on this.

But Toki may be possible because it is comparatively popular. I like Shinohayu too, but man it is EXPENSIVE to make anime.

For me anyway, just do the main storyline.

Honestly though, with Yuuki Yuuna, Studio Gokumi is pretty set until 2022. I don't see anything coming until 2023 at the earliest.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd love another season of the main anime or even Side A, which I liked more than the last mainline series that came out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1