• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist Manga Takes 2-Month Break Due to Author's Fatigue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope she gets all the rest she needs!
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda obvious she was going through fatigue. spoiler[We had like three monthly chapters of two siblings punching each other while crying and talking forever about their complexes with no resolutions still.]
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:38 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
It's kinda obvious she was going through fatigue. spoiler[We had like three monthly chapters of two siblings punching each other while crying and talking forever about their complexes with no resolutions still.]

I mean that's the story(spoiler[and it's been cathartic]), not fatigue. Fatigue is having the line-work unfinished on the last page or so.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn, I really need to catch up. It's been a few years.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Woah! Rin’s hair is now white! What the heck is going on in the Manga... hopefully things go well and we get a continuation of the animated series! I want to know what’s happening!
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Get a much needed rest and come back fully energized. Don't let the industry own you.
so751

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:43 pm Reply with quote
she definitely deserves the break. sucks that we'll be without Blue Exorcist for a few months but thinking about D-Gray.man fans and their quarterly releases always helps ease the pain LOL

I'm glad spoiler[the brotherly feud has somewhat gotten resolved now and I hope Yukio can begin to appreciate their differences]. I really hope we start diving into spoiler[Shiemi's background] after Kato-san comes back.

There's enough material in here though for a couple anime arcs ... been waiting for them to announce the Illuminati arc because thats the next big one after the Kyoto Impure King arc.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:46 pm Reply with quote
This and Black Butler and D.Gray Man are series that I really hope have an ending in sight because it's be going on for way too long now.

I kind of gave up on Hunter x Hunter ever finishing
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprising given how long she's been at it, a month break every year, and how open she's been on this topic in the past (basically saying she does monthly cause weekly authors have little to no time for any personal life).

I hope she takes as much time as she needs, and then hopefully finish the series sooner rather than later. Also hope we get another season, as there's been enough content for a while now.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Blue Exorcist is quite underrated. And it’s one of the only Shonen series that have been out for 10+ years that is still quite good.

These mangaka work their asses off so I will never be mad about one of them deciding to take a break.
Ensaru64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:18 pm Reply with quote
so751 wrote:
...but thinking about D-Gray.man fans and their quarterly releases always helps ease the pain LOL

This is just evil.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:55 am Reply with quote
Happy to see other Blue Exorcist manga fans here—it doesn’t seem like it gets discussed very much. Would love for it to get another season (or 3) adapted! I’m glad Kazue Kato is taking a much deserved break. (Also, yes to Shiemi’s backstory! Soon, hopefully!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1