• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police Arrest ALI Band Drummer Again for Separate Fraud Case

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote
whats going on dude, your band not giving you a big enough cut or something?! Sad
Drunk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 pm Reply with quote
So in the first case it wasn't very clear how exactly he was involved in the case but this seems to be pretty obvious now.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Dang

Well now that this is clear...like wow, he really hurting or what??
so751

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I just feel bad for the rest of the band because the drummer basically ruined things for everyone else. Not only for losing the opportunity to have their song featured as the OP for the TWEWY anime but possibly future prospects for the band...

There's really only 2 ways at this point that this could go - either the drummer leaves the band and they find a new drummer, or the whole band basically goes down with this incident... if that happens, they might find better luck changing the name of their band after a year or so...
Honeyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully its a matter of the drummer leaves if he doesn't do a small amount of time for the fraud that has been committed. I'd like to see the band keep going as their composition and musical output are pretty great and different in an industry full of idol groups and solo singers.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The band would have fired this jerk and erased his memory from existence already if they found him with weed.
-SP-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
whats going on dude, your band not giving you a big enough cut or something?! Sad

Probably not. The music industry is pretty predatory in general, but it's even worse outside of the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1