• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eternally 23: Remembering the Creative Works of Osamu Kobayashi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
He did a great job with Dororo's 1st cour ED. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm probably in the minority who liked episode 15.

Okay, I admit the pacing in episode 15 was pretty fast. He still didn't deserve all that hate... Distinctiveness can be a good thing.

Would have loved to see more of his work. Such a shame Sad RIP
kae kurono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:45 pm Reply with quote
wow i never knew anything about Osamu Kobayashi until his passing recently but reading this piece I've discovered he's had an hand in a lot of interesting projects i didn't expect. including ones i'm interested in. Stuf like this is the reason why i love this site so much. This site has always been educational & insightful since the very start. Please keep up the good work ann.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:44 am Reply with quote
Beck was such an amazing, fantastic series. A friend of mine put it best: it felt for all the world like the anime version of an indie movie, with a unique vibe that I don't think I've ever seen pulled off since. Hearing that Kobayashi was so passionate about music is no surprise, because that passion came through in every moment of the series, from the incredible soundtrack to the authenticity of its building-the-band story. Even that episode of Gurren Lagann, which became famous for all the wrong reasons, showed Kobayashi's unique creative voice. I wish he'd received more renown during his lifetime, and that he'd had the chance to work on more projects. He's gone much too soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1