• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comment unfairly removed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niello

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:59 am Reply with quote
My comment was removed from this thread animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3161475&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was redirected here, so here I am. It was seemingly deleted as part of the clean up, except that it didn't fit any of the criteria mentioned for removal.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote
We have a long history of deleting one-liners. If you disagree with a review, say why. Don't just say "As across the board? Are you serious?"
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'll just copy/paste my second comment I left on page 3 in that discussion.

Quote:
A bit more cleanup done. Look people, you're more than welcome to disagree with the review. Provided you post some actual thoughts and discussion. Simply leaving trollish "is this review serious?!" or "so many things wrong with this" bait comments are not actual discussion. If you didn't like the show, or don't agree with the review, actually post why so there can be some sort of actual discussion.

That post clearly showed why your post was removed. I even mentioned your post and what you said directly in it. As Tempest said we remove many one liners when they add nothing to conversations, especially when they come across as trollish or as bait style comments. Simply saying ""A's across the board? Are you serious?" easily falls into those categories. It adds nothing to the actual conversation and was just there to either be mean spirited, or to rile others up. That's why I removed it with the second small handful of posts. You can certainly disagree with the review, but you need to actually explain why and do so without being rude about it.
egozi14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:07 pm Reply with quote
My comments got unfairly removes too recently and unlike before it seems like before I'm posting anything the admins need to monitor my comment for approval, which they most of the times never let me post without telling me even why.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1