• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Quote notification

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:53 am Reply with quote
I think it would be really nice if we could be notified when someone quoted us in the forums. That way we wouldn't have to look again and again to see if we were quoted.

I looked to see if this was already an option but couldn't find it. If it is, can you please tell me where I can set it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm Reply with quote
It isn't an option, but I agree it would be a great idea. I have a to-do list for the forum, I'll add it.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
It isn't an option, but I agree it would be a great idea. I have a to-do list for the forum, I'll add it.

Thank you so much!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:36 am Reply with quote
As long as it's an option you can turn off! Very Happy

eta: Here's an example of why I'd want that option (aside from not really caring if someone quotes me if I'm not already currently engaged enough in the thread to notice)

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5286545#5286545

The quoted part credited to TasteyCookie (who is the one who would get the notification) is actually mine, but two additional posts perpetuate the error and aren't really addressing me at all, so the prospect of notices about them cluttering up my inbox doesn't thrill me. People make these kinds of misquotes all the time, and it's so easy to do when you're trying to pare a quoted post down to a sentence or two, or cut out quotes you're not responding to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1