• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:56 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone, super new here. I'm looking for a shoujo manga that was published sometime between 2009 to 2013. I read it on an online manga website. The protagonist is a school girl, quiet, she has short hair, very indifferent to her surroundings but smart. Her older sister has a boyfriend who lives in an apartment flat. She often visits his place because her sister is always there. She become witness to their passionate affair where they fought and had sex alot. Long story short her sister ended up breaking up with him ( or was it the other way round). Schoolgirl still continues to visit him and considers him a friend. He on the other hand was against her hanging around but starts to fall for her. I'm not sure what happens next but what I remember was the school girl ended up in the same high school as him and they start hanging out during lunch time. This story may have been a one shot, I'm not too sure. I've spent almost 3 months looking for this manga. Any help would be appreciated Very Happy thankss
FaeForte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:22 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I dont know if anyone will see this but I’ve been looking for the title of this manga/manhwa I read a long, long time ago. It was about this normal teen girl getting abducted one day by some aliens who mistook her for their princess. Actually, they might have known she wasnt the actual princess; they might’ve needed a lookalike replacement very fast. The aliens look just like humans, no physical difference at all. And actually...my memory is abysmal so it might not even be a princess but more like the fiancée of their prince or something. Sigh. But I do know there is a bit of romance here&there, between the abducted girl and this dude...who’s an alien...and that she (the heroine) hates being in this new planet and wants to go back home very much. I’m trying to remember other details...if I do, I will add in the edits in this post. Thank you for your time and effort. I’m also willing to pay $20 if anyone does find it...via paypal, venmo, cash app, etc. Sad i guess thats how desperate i am..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:18 am Reply with quote
Hello yall, im new to these forums, and im hoping you can help me remember a manga. i know i started reading it back in middle or highschool, but dont remember finishing it. what i can recall of it was: it had a female protagonist, she was connected to the moon in some capacity ither a descendent or a princess (i know its not sailor moon) and she would slayer, i want to say ither demons or vampires, with a Samaria i could be totally wrong though. i distinctly remember used the phrase "prepare to face the moons divine retribution", or something like that. she also gets run through with a sword at some point, i think its early on in the series.

does this sound familiar to anyone else?
Jessiejackal

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 am Reply with quote
I found this Manga a few years ago that I couldn't put down, it was great. I read it online, it had an interesting story plot involving the black market selling supernatural creatures, or parts of them like teeth. In the manga, they formed a group consisting of supernatural creatures ranked by rarity saving others from auctions, warehouses. At some point they found themselves at a anonymous auction, infiltrated it completely. One of the main characters was a vampire, a pureblood black vampire if I'm right. Last one, as part of the plot. He had a personal issue with the black market, but I can't remember how it ended. Another character was a Siren they exploited as a singer, kept her in a tank. Older art style, like Hellsing. I tried searching for screenshots regarding the series, but didn't find any. I actually found it the first time through that method. Any help would be appreciated. This manga encouraged me to write, but I can't remember the name anymore.
MissManga25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Hello! A Long Time ago, I saw on the Cover of a Shonen Jump Magazine of some kind, or somewhere, a Boy and a Blue Demon with a Wide Brimmed Hat, who came out of a Capsule, which came out of a Capsule Machine/Gashapon/Gachapon Machine!

The Story, while Similar to Pokemon/Yo-kai Watch, is NEITHER one!

It's an Entirely Unique Manga Series OR One Shot! Please Help!
falsumundi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:17 pm Reply with quote

do you know where is this manga from?
Please help me!!? And THANK YOU
Kenshuniums

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Hello all!
The manga I am looking for was rather short when I found it, but I am hoping distinctive. MC plays a space exploration video game, he had just succeeded in getting the best ship in the game (I think). After getting the ship, he decides to take a nap, and then proceeds to wake up inside said ship. Not really much point in talking about the rest, but he goes and takes out some space bandits, proceeds to go to some marketplace where he doesn't have an ID, so suspicions arise, and he gets into the city. That is about as far as I remember.
B00m23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:39 am Reply with quote
Manga (or maybe novel, but I believe manga) that got adapted into a drama I believe there was an article on here announcing the adaptation in 2014 or 2013. It was about a group of girls that got locked in a classroom or are stuck in one, there's a diary (letter?) With some secrets concerning them, there's some kind of incident that I think resulted in the death of a girl in the past, I think bullying is involved.
Indigo._

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:19 pm Reply with quote
It is about a woman who was being forced into an aranged marriage by her uncle who was abusing her she didn't want an aranged marriage so one night she snuck out to a festival to find someone to get her pregnant the man had dark mid length hair and gold or red eyes I think when the uncle found out he tried to get rid of her (she had the baby it was a boy and he looks just like the man )the uncle ended up finding someone to take her and her son it was the man her didn't recognize her but she recognized him she told me the son that that was his father but to call him uncle because if not he would kick them out( the marriage was contractual ) the woman asked to be separate for the man and raise her son alone with no maids cooks or seviants the man started having feelings for her and by that time the son started going to school that all I really know another explanation.

There is a manga I read a while ago It was about a woman who was being abused by her father and forced in to a marriage she did not want so she went out and found someone to get her pregnant he had dark mid length hair I think then she had her son and no one would take her for a wife until the man who got her pregnant he didn’t recognize her she asked him if she could sleep in another part of the castle and not have any maids she told her son that the man was his father but to keep it a secret so the little boy called him uncle instead I did not get very far so that’s all I know
animelover3215

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to ID a Manga or rather a Shonen Jump issue , It was listed in US Shonen jump magazine in the USA and had a beautiful Manga girl on the cover, it was a small section where Shonen jump talked about their 'other' manga magazines are only in Japan.
starlight nat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:34 am Reply with quote
hi, i cant believe i made an account for this site after lurking on it for nearly a decade just because i am so desperate to find this manga.

it focuses on someone trying to find their missing sibling (?) and discovers these kewpie/cherub faced women instead. theyre like nymphs and only exist to fulfill desire, but they are also parasitic in how they take over the people around them. its not really horror or too explicit, and its complete. i believe it started with a g, but i looked through the entire encyclopedia on here and other manga sites and cant find it. the manga was so surreal i feel like i might have dreamt it at this point, but i remember reading it so distinctly and gushing about it to other people. i believe it is the mangakas only work as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 33 of 33