• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yuruyuri Manga Creator Namori Draws Fanart of VTubers, Anime Idols, and More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Handsome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 pm Reply with quote
There's alot to be said about anime character design when the only character I instantly recognized while scrolling through the article was Jolyne.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it has been happening randomly for a couple of months I believe. If you dig further you can find some more fanart dumps.
RenimLS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:12 am Reply with quote
Chris Handsome wrote:
There's alot to be said about anime character design when the only character I instantly recognized while scrolling through the article was Jolyne.

That might be more telling that your own personal interests in series might not be too broad instead, but people like what they like and there is nothing wrong with being interested in what you like and not being interested in what you don't like.

I found 11 of the characters instantly recognizable, mostly series I've either seen or were familiar with to a decent amount. Was a bit happy that Hotori was one of the characters included in the set.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:35 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile I recognized every character except one idol even if I had never watched most of them. Maybe I'm too online =P
Although I'd say it's hard not to instantly recognize Konata, Edelgard or Kanna in 2021.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1