• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Game Gets Paid Happy Home Paradise DLC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, they finally gave me a reason to clean up my neglected island.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I really, really, don't think it's a good idea for DLC to ever be tied to a subscription.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I really, really, don't think it's a good idea for DLC to ever be tied to a subscription.

Its not. Not exactly.

There are two options. You can purchase the DLC outright for $25, or you can get it as part of the switch online plus expansion yada thingy.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:49 pm Reply with quote
utawoutau wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Its not. Not exactly.

There are two options. You can purchase the DLC outright for $25, or you can get it as part of the switch online plus expansion yada thingy.

Yet what gets me is they said all the DLC for ACNH was free. Then they pop this on us. Not only that, this will be the last major update we'll get for the game. Thought the guy said there was more to come too.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:37 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this update! It really does change up the game in such a big way. All of the new editing styles, the returning characters, new areas to explore, all of the new furniture options... I'm sad this is going to be the last major free update to the game, but they're going out with a bang and that makes me happy.

Happy Home Paradise is so nice to have added as well. I did enjoy Happy Home Designer quite a bit, so I'm very much looking forward to playing this on the Switch! It's definitely going to be worth the $25 to me.
retroshojo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I just started playing this game in September, so it'll probably be awhile before I can use all these features.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
utawoutau wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Its not. Not exactly.

Yet what gets me is they said all the DLC for ACNH was free. Then they pop this on us. Not only that, this will be the last major update we'll get for the game. Thought the guy said there was more to come too.

Nintendo lies. They always have, always will.

IMO, adding Happy Home Designer to New Horizons is worthy of being paid DLC. And I'm so very happy they added it.
taishou*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 am Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:

I don't think they ever said that, though. They said that updates will be free, but generally that doesn't included DLC. It's a separate download, hence the downloadable part of downloadable content. Honestly, I'd rather get it as DLC than as a full standalone title again.
Regardless, "major" updates could mean many things. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're ending support for the game or that there won't be any future content updates. I doubt they're completely ending support for the game, considering it's still selling well and New Leaf still had support for years on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1