• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Require Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative Test

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:50 pm Reply with quote
At this point, it should be vaccinated only. It’s been available long enough to get it for anyone five & older. Only those with legit medical reasons should be allowed to come with a PCR test.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:51 pm Reply with quote
There is nothing in the announcement stating that it needs to be a PCR test. Just stating that a negative test is needed.
xevius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:27 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
At this point, it should be vaccinated only. It’s been available long enough to get it for anyone five & older. Only those with legit medical reasons should be allowed to come with a PCR test.

If you think vaxxed individuals cannot get sick or spread COVID, please do a little research to correct that.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
tbh i'd avoid any convention as i cant trust the masses.

My gf was vaccinated nad she was still given it later on by someone hwo didn't care to wear mask or get vaccinated.

even if you are vaccinated in a packed area lie ka convention thats just asking for massive infections
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
xevius wrote:
omnistry wrote:

If you think vaxxed individuals cannot get sick or spread COVID, please do a little research to correct that.

Oh I know vaxxed people can spread it still. Just not in the numbers that the unvaxxed would. Anime NYC and their solid protocols is proof that being vaxxed keeps the numbers down dramatically.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Would be nice to require both vaccination and a negative PCR test, rather than or. I'll be holding off while we see how omicron plays out regardless, though..
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 pm Reply with quote
NeverConvex wrote:
Would be nice to require both vaccination and a negative PCR test, rather than or.

My thoughts exactly.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
xevius wrote:

Nobody actually said that, so please forgo the strawman argument. It's about trying to minimize risks as much as possible. Especially in a quite large environment where transmission would be rather easy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:17 pm Reply with quote
It should be negative PCR test only, I don't understand why you can have covid and still go to events to spread it, it is recklesss and egoistic.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:31 pm Reply with quote
510 wrote:
It should be negative PCR test only, I don't understand why you can have covid and still go to events to spread it, it is recklesss and egoistic.

A negative PCR test wouldn't ensure this, either; there's a false negative rate on them, as with essentially all medical testing. I've not tried to look up how high it is, but a brief glance suggests it may be shockingly high if you're in the first ~8 or so days of infection. Because of that, this is all about managing quantity and probabilities. Requiring vaccination, masking, and a negative PCR test together would still be a relatively minor inconvenience, I think, and provide a few different independent ways of controlling probability of spread (although maybe still not enough; we're in a rough place for packed events, with how highly contagious current variants are relative to existing medical interventions).
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
510 wrote:

Imagine thinking a vaccine requirement for a large gathering is egotistic Rolling Eyes
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they're still going through with it after the Anime NYC scare.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Just a reminder: anyone posting Covid-19 misinformation, conspiracy fantasies, and/or snake-oil cures can expect, at a minimum, to have their posts removed.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:58 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I'm surprised they're still going through with it after the Anime NYC scare.

unless i missed the news no deaths have even been attributed to it.

--
[see PM -t]
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:33 am Reply with quote
I don't give a goddamn if this gets deleted but I think that anybody who doesn't get vaccinated against covid 19 for whatever idiotic reasons and gets seriously sick and/or dies won't get any sympathy, sorrow or compassion from me-they got what they deserved!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2